• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

More to do with your personal nation

tommy61157

Unofficial Pirate Potato
Staff member
QA Tester
Provisional
Storm Modder
In short, more to do with your personal nation! Deploying ships and fleets to do missions! Find a barren island to build a giant town and fort on from scratch which requires a ton of gold! Hammie and I spoke a bit about this on discord, but I wanted to officially put it here as well.

I know there are a couple of locations that are beaches in earlier periods and colonies in later. Something like that where you have a placeholder location that you can turn into a colony could be a good starting point.

That could be an interesting mission for an Explorer. Perhaps suitable for:
Trophies in the Free Play mode

"Early Explorers" period has a couple of beaches replacing towns which don't exist in that period, such as Oranjestad on Aruba and Pointe a Pitre on Guadeloupe. Later periods are more fully populated, though Cozumel is always uncolonised. You can probably use that for your Personal colony in FreePlay, but don't do anything with it in storylines - both "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and "Assassin" need it for missions.

That could be an interesting mission for an Explorer. Perhaps suitable for:
Trophies in the Free Play mode

"Early Explorers" period has a couple of beaches replacing towns which don't exist in that period, such as Oranjestad on Aruba and Pointe a Pitre on Guadeloupe. Later periods are more fully populated, though Cozumel is always uncolonised. You can probably use that for your Personal colony in FreePlay, but don't do anything with it in storylines - both "Tales of a Sea Hawk" and "Assassin" need it for missions.
The issue is, if people play the game long enough to enter other eras, don't want to put something somewhere just because whatever is normally there is not there until a later era only to then have the save break since the new era wipes stuff, that's why I think this should all go to a brand new island or an island that never has anything on it and is not used for any quest. This should be an addition I feel like and not something that has the potential to interfere with things that are there, just my thoughts.

The game does not change period if you happen to play long enough. So you could start a FreePlay on 31st December 1599 (end of "Early Explorers"), the next day is 1st January 1600 (start of "Spanish Main"), and nothing special happens - every soldier in the Caribbean doesn't suddenly get a new uniform, old ships don't suddenly disappear, new ships don't suddenly appear, and Oranjestad doesn't magically appear on what was an empty beach yesterday.

The game does not change period if you happen to play long enough. So you could start a FreePlay on 31st December 1599 (end of "Early Explorers"), the next day is 1st January 1600 (start of "Spanish Main"), and nothing special happens - every soldier in the Caribbean doesn't suddenly get a new uniform, old ships don't suddenly disappear, new ships don't suddenly appear, and Oranjestad doesn't magically appear on what was an empty beach yesterday.
Oh, I thought certain things did change on period change, okay, forget what I said then, lol.

Back