• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

MP Patch?

do you think this would be a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

albino_gorilla

Landlubber
I know this has been asked several times before.... but can we expect some kind of MP patch.... or would it be too large a task to undertake, considering the size of the game.....it might only be feasible for those with a 512Kb connection or faster

We had someone here before who said it was doable, but it never got of the ground unfortunatly

It's doable on the grounds of writing an external program to manually read memory space of POTC, and send that info elsewhere, and edit memory space based on info passed to it.

That's like saying, can I make my car fly?
Well, if you build an airplane around it, of course it will. But it's easier just to buy an airplane.

I don't get the last part of your analogy NK; what would be the airplane that we could buy with respect to PotC? As you say, it's possible to build the external program, but there's no equivalent of PotC multiplayer that is available to buy (so buying an `non-existant` airplane could be rather difficult).

Anyway, I'm just waiting for PotBS. That sounds like it will be the aeroplane! 8)

<!--`QuoteBegin-sampow`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sampow)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Anyway, I'm just waiting for PotBS.  That sounds like it will be the aeroplane!  8)[/quote]

And a quite nice airplane, i'd say. :p3

Yeah, I mean POTBS; or just _making_ a game; with all the effort put into an MP program for POTC might as well buy a cheap 3D engine and have at it...

Back