• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Music file location in base POTC?

qotsa

Landlubber
Hi, was just wondering where I might be able to find the music files in the base POTC game. I have the disk.

The memories I have of this game throughout the years primarily come from its music, which I think Akella did a fantastic job. Just wondering where I might be able to find the files on the CD, or a comprehensive download list online.

I know there are videos on Youtube of them, but I'm hoping for the base files too. :)

Please let me know!

Once you install the game go to "RESOURCE\Sounds\MUSIC", every music file should be there.
They are OGG files that VLC can play for example.

I once took the original game file and compiled them into a soundtrack album:
Index of /potc/soundtrack
Don't be fooled by the New Horizons island/town names; this is exclusively stock game music.

Of course as @The Nameless Pirate says, you can find the original files in RESOURCE\Sounds\MUSIC too.
They're in OGG format, which is easily converted to anything else using a program like https://www.freac.org/ .

I once took the original game file and compiled them into a soundtrack album:
Index of /potc/soundtrack
Don't be fooled by the New Horizons island/town names; this is exclusively stock game music....
I just downloaded and listened to all of that. That is AWESOME!!! The music is so clear and nice. It feels different just listening to it. There's a good calmness to it that eases me. :love

My favourite has got to be Sea Battle 3, really sets in the mood of a chaotic battle. As for NH, it would definitely be the British Grenadier tune used for Town Halls. Btw does anyone know where I can find the full music for that, or where the modder who added that in got it from?

Back