• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Music, voice over and writing/brainstorming skills being offered.

Flannery

Scallywag & Loiterer
Staff member
Project Manager
TOP CONTRIBUTOR
Music and SFX
Quest Writer
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Greetings, salutations and fair winds to ye all!

I am new to the forum, but a very seasoned musician/producer.

I have a few no. 1 hits in my home country (Norway) + i have worked proffessionally with commercial music here for about 15 years.

I am also a vocalist - with a voice that could suit voice overs for ingame speech allot (a whiskey voice for sure... :p). I have done some cartoon voicing before as well in addition to commercials and voicing tutorials for websites.

My interest in medieval music and other folk music should make me capable of creating music for your game as well. I even have some smaller ideas lying about that can suit this project.

I have my own "home" recording studio.
I have mostly worked on Logic most my Life, but I have recently started working on Cubase 7 for my home studio.

A project like this would be a thrilling and exciting project to help out on - and would be an inspirational side-project to what I normally do. :)

If you will have me that is.

I can send links and such to my available material, and what is streamable on medias like Spotify and Wimp if you should find my contributional offer appealing.

I do not wish to put that out here.

In addition I am a committed gamer... :p
I also used to write game reviews for one of the biggest lifestyle magazines here in Norway.

I also still write short stories and I am very experienced with RP and writing RP plots.
So it could be I can help with storyline brainstorming as well - maybe even writing some as well.

Best regards

Captain Flannery!

Ahoy and welcome! :ahoy

We'd be happy to have another musician on the team. If you could post some links to some of your past work, that would be great.

I will as soon as I return from my vacation tomorrrow ;)

Most my published work is in the pop and rock genre, but I create music in many different genres.

I have an Idea that I started working on a month ago - that would fit a Age Of Sails theme perfectly.

Is there any Dropbox designated for this game development or similar yet?

I do not want things like music ideas and such lying about freely on the net - as I am sure you guys do not want either.

I have tonns of ideas for music in this genre and really look forward to contribute :)

This is my old personal YouTube account - which contains the songs from my first album released back in 2002.
I am the writer/co-writer, producer/co-producer of all songs, and I am the lead singer as well of course :aar
We (me and my new band) are currently working on a new album that will probably be released sometime next year.

If you listen to the track "Going Wild", a fun side fact is that it also was used by Coca Cola Company Europe for one of their major European campaigns back "in the days".

This is one of the Music Videos made for that same album - with the Title track "Run away" - which was produced and directed by legendary Hollywood Music Video guru Ray Kay. The album is called "Runaway".

These are just some of the things I have done over my 15 years of being a proffessional musician.

Commercials I have contributed with have won awards, even hit the billboards.

All in all I have 16 weeks as No. 1 on the Norwegian main single billboard (VG lista)
And over 50 weeks on the list all together.

I would also love to show you the Idea that I mentioned earlier that I think would be usable for Hearts Of Oak - but first you need to set up a dropbox (or similar) designated for this project as I do not want it to be possible to listen to by everyone that visits this site :wp

I have also already started a breainstorming for athmospheric themes for different parts and aspects/situations for the game.

Hope you still find me interesting and accept my offer to contribute.

Yours sincerely

Captain Flannery

Impressive stuff! I think we can safely give you a place on the team. I've added you to the Music and SFX group. :cheers

We don't currently have a single place to upload content for the project, but we do have forums visible only to team members, where you could post links to your own online storage, such as Dropbox.
Note that the Production forum is for finished content only, and we're opening up the Work in Progress forum to be viewable for the public, BUT I'll add another hidden forum within WIP for cases like this.
How does that sound?

Sounds great Armada!
And thank you for adding me :)

Look forward to work with you all on this.

Back