• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Musket fire - luck or grappling skill?

Should musket fire depend on the "Luck" or "Grappling" skill?

• Luck

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Grappling

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
Just realized that I had the wrong game in mind, sorry. D:
Ah, fair enough!

Does sound like a good idea on CoAS' side though.

Closest we've got in PotC is crew morale.
I suppose a bunch of well-motivated musketeers could be more accurate than ones who have long since stopped caring.
On the other hand... It's a life-and-death situation, so motivation should be pretty high regardless of circumstances. :cheeky

I have a reply to this. Luck I would say is based on the person experence of the player. Your lick skill shouldn't affect the crew, however if your ship has a good grapple skill, the bond will be more stable, and therefore allow the musketeers to fire at them correctly. Luck could be good aswell but it could contribute more to the change to grapple correctly or how much crew damage gets done. Say 10 luck skill means the crew take 50% of crew men lives. Where as the lowest level is really low. The higher the grapple the more chance each volly has to hit. So each crew member in the volly. Say you have crew of 100, facing 100 enemy crew, 10 grapple and 10 luck skill. So each person has a 50% chance to hit. And each bullet has a 50% chance to kill 1 enemy crew. It makes it aquard but its good for incorating both.

Back