• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Mutiny problem

Kara Korsan

Sailor
Hello,

So I happened to dig up a couple of treasure chests and pulled so much loot that I had to visit five separate stores in five separate colonies in order to sell it all, and my pesky deckhands are so jealous that they're eating soup with forks just in case I swing by and they can stab me in the thigh. No way in Davy Jones' Locker will I ever come anywhere near those articles with a quill in hand, of course - I don't remember saying anything about dividing the plunder at the tavern, after all. I don't mind running a couple of 'em through when they mutiny, but the trouble is, after I'm done fighting, I can't go back to sailing. I'm stuck on the deck, with no option but to fool around a little bit, get tired and reload. The sea icon (or map icon, depending) is there, but pressing F3 does nothing. I don't have a command menu, either. Just the red "X". Same when my companion ships mutiny against me, too. I take the ship back, and get stuck aboard.

Whether it's a bug or just something foolish on my end, I hope there's a solution to this.

the trouble is, after I'm done fighting, I can't go back to sailing. I'm stuck on the deck, with no option but to fool around a little bit, get tired and reload. The sea icon (or map icon, depending) is there, but pressing F3 does nothing. I don't have a command menu, either. Just the red "X". Same when my companion ships mutiny against me, too. I take the ship back, and get stuck aboard.

Whether it's a bug
That does sound like a bug.
Very strange.
Pretty sure that worked...

On a related note, I bought a merchant license, but the crew is still bugging me about articles.
Have you been playing as a Pirate, Merchant, Privateer or Navy Officer?
You should be able to tell from your character description in the F2>Character interface.

No way in Davy Jones' Locker will I ever come anywhere near those articles with a quill in hand, of course
It's not all bad if you do.
A happier crew means a stronger crew in battle. ;)

Have you been playing as a Pirate, Merchant, Privateer or Navy Officer?
You should be able to tell from your cha"racter description in the F2>Character interface.

A-ha! So my background has to do with it. Well, in that case, no further inquiry is required, as I'm currently playing as...Charles Ardent.

It's not all bad if you do.
A happier crew means a stronger crew in battle. ;)

But, but...Argh, fine!

It works for Jeff Bezos; why can't it work for me?

A-ha! So my background has to do with it. Well, in that case, no further inquiry is required, as I'm currently playing as...Charles Ardent.
Merchant License basically only works for Privateers.
Merchants and Navy Officers don't need it. And it doesn't work on pirates.
Divide the Plunder is basically "the pirate special".

Merchants do need the licence, the difference being that they get it for free at game start. If they lose the licence by being naughty, they need to buy a new one quickly, sign articles, or face mutiny.:aar

If the crew have become jealous then it's probably too late to pacify them by buying a licence. Try signing articles, then visit a loanshark to split the loot, then switch back to paying by salary, then get a merchant licence.

Sorry for being late to thank you all. Was out of the city for a few days.

Thanks for the useful advice and information. I'm guessing I won't get to keep my license for long, anyway. Planning to hoist the black flag as soon as I fire up the game.

Back