• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug My own fort fired at me

Lonious

Master Mariner
After taking Guadelope, I assign a governor and gunner from my officers, and go back to my ships, and fly a Neutral flag. Then the fort fires at me! This is insanely annoying. My own fort fire at me?!

What's going on here?

Apologies for my rage, I hope you understand...

What do you mean by "neutral flag"?

Load the game, sail near the fort, see if it fires at you again. If it does, post "compile.log" here - it should give some clue as to why the fort is firing at you.

What do you mean by "neutral flag"?

Load the game, sail near the fort, see if it fires at you again. If it does, post "compile.log" here - it should give some clue as to why the fort is firing at you.

I tried capturing it again from an earlier save. I was using a British flag so that I could turn on the fort and attack it. So when I captured the town, and went to the Sea, I guess the British flag triggered the attack, since my "Personal" flag is hostile to England? So I tried the process again, and instead, I went to the deck, switched to Personal ("neutral"), then went back to port again without going to Sea. When I went to Sea the fort didn't fight me anymore.

But as an experiment, I hoisted the English flag again, and lo and behold, the fort fired. So I switched to God Mode, took it out, and when I landed troops, I was facing guards with pirate models - interesting. And of course, once I got into the governor's residence, the governor present was the officer I assigned earlier. I chose "I will control this town" and set another officer there.

Weird.

Yes, if you are personally hostile to Britain and you show a British flag near your own fort, then your own fort believes the flag, assumes you're British, and fires at you. If you show your own Personal flag, or if you show a flag belonging to a nation with whom you are friendly, the fort should not attack. (Though, since forts remember if they've seen you under a hostile flag, this one might fire at you anyway if it saw you under a British flag after you captured the town for yourself.)

Back