• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

My thanks & Problems

Venganza

Landlubber
Good day.

I wish to give my thanks to all the people who worked on the supermod. All of that music has really made a change, the videos too. This engine build looks better than the last version and combined with the new music it feels great.

I have laughed a lot with the Brothel, those videos you use. It is mad...make me a woman... Haha!

However the rest of the game feels very dry and not even nice water effects and music helps there. I want to help get better text conversation in the game. Write for people that want to create missions or simply give more options for the normal in game caracters. It would be great to learn a few things about the game since I see it is not very hard to make a simple change here and there.

For now I have a few hours behind the screen since I have no idea what I am doing.

With the brothel found in the supermod patched in mind, this is what I have done:

void ProcessDialogEvent()
{
ref NPChar;
aref Link, NextDiag;

DeleteAttribute(&Dialog,"Links");

makeref(NPChar,CharacterRef);
makearef(Link, Dialog.Links);
makearef(NextDiag, NPChar.Dialog);

switch(Dialog.CurrentNode)
{
case "first time":
switch(pchar.sex)
{
case "man":
{
dialog.text = "Do you want to be entertained sailor?";
link.l1 = "I will be back later";
link.l1.go = "exit";
}
break;

case "woman":
{
dialog.text = "Are you the new one?.";
link.l1 = "No, excuse me.";
link.l1.go = "exit";
}
break;
}

NextDiag.TempNode = "first time";
break;

case "room_sleep":
dialog.text = "That tongue of yours will not get you out of this debt Del
Mar. I doubt that after that you still have muscle to move it. The coins, one hundred.";
link.l1 = "If I would only move my hands more than my tongue and hip this
would not happen. (+100 experience) (-100 coins)";
link.l1.go = "exit room";
link.l2 = "... " clear that with such generous bosoms...";
link.l2.go = "1";

NextDiag.TempNode = "room_sleep";
break;

case "1":
dialog.text = "...Adrian! Again?! Sea dog...";
link.l1 = "*with a surprised partner you go forth and use the hands with
more emphasis while you work your way to extasis* (-25 experience) (-35 coins) (You gain a new skill) (+1 Reputation with the Brothel)";
link.l1.go = "2";
break;

case "2":
dialog.text = "*she looks exhausted* What storm did you get out of iberic?";
link.l1 = "I am the storm, you are the one found within. (+1 Fear for this Brothel member) (+2 Fascination for this Brothel member) (+1 Self) (+1 Rumour)";
link.l1.go = "3";
link.l2 = "You see preciosa, I find the storm surrounded by your arms. (+1 Love for this Brothel member) (+1 Reputation with the Brothel) (+2 Rumour)";
link.l2.go = "3";
break;

case "3":
dialog.text = "When will you return?";
link.l1 = "This storm never casts lightning in the same land twice, take
these coins and buy yourself a drink. It helps when you have no other option than to forget. (-1
Reputation with the Brothel) (-1 Love for this Brothel member) (+1 Reputation with the
Taverner)";
link.l1.go = "exit room";
link.l2 = "I have left you some coins on the desk, try to save them and
not spend them getting drunk, do not give them to the madam. For now, this storm has to move with
the wind. (+25 experience)";
link.l2.go = "exit room";
break;

case "exit room":
NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
DialogExit();
pchar.Experience = makeint(pchar.Experience) + 100;
TavernWaitDate2("wait_day");
break;

case "exit":
NextDiag.CurrentNode = NextDiag.TempNode;
DialogExit();
TavernWaitDate2("wait_day");
break;
}
}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking back and forth at the files, after the (go_room) from the whore boss you appear in that room and something in the file mentions a quest exit too. I would like to change this conversation but after the video appears the meretriz (whore). She just walks up to me and opens a dialog window that is in blank. Two clicks or key movements and the game .exe gives me an error in the whore dialog file.

I still do not understand where the hell that whore caracter receives an order to move into the room and to your position. She still does all of that but will not enter the text I have changed.

What am I doing wrong and where and what do I have to look or change? I would thank some help.

If any of you with experience touching the files could help me learn the simple things I could write and make a few things on my own.

Sorry if it has been posted too much, I never had a taste for FAQs and would not mind joining another writer to make this game have something apart from a 3d engine and some minor scripts. If so, I know a few tongues and also have thoughts about translating story line modifications and the little text the game has, really have a need to work the Spanish part.

First I need to know how to get past this guided conversation before insanity arrives.

Use the email found in my profile, if you need another form of contact ask me here or there.

Do not bother to ask about the (+ social changes) in the text, it is just something I want to appear in screenshots though that would be great for a future expansion.

Still laughing with those sex scenes, you could at least used movie scenes with more relation to the age. Hehe! Then again, what is behind the cloth is what matters in the scene. The music, that must stay whatever history says. Forever.

Back