• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fix in Progress Mystery house in Charlestown: Robbers and no weapons zone give funny result

Fluen

Freebooter
The mystery house in Charlestown is set to be a no weapons zone like most shops are. But because there is a situation, where robbers appear, everybody just stand around staring at each other.

robbery in mystery house in Charlestown.png

I find it a bit strange, that you modders make a dialogue for armed robbers and then set the place up, so a fight is impossible. Do you have any intention of correcting this in a future update?

I find it a bit strange, that you modders make a dialogue for armed robbers and then set the place up, so a fight is impossible. Do you have any intention of correcting this in a future update?
Could you explain the situation in which these Robbers appear, and i will correct it for you, i need some more info...

The house is populated by a random number of merchants who complain how their predecessors were murdered by robbers. You can then try to trade with them. Occasionally, instead of a trade, a band of robbers will appear.

Put this into "PROGRAM\DIALOGS". If robbers do appear, the ban on fighting should be lifted.

Attachments

• Enc_Tradepost.c
    3.1 KB · Views: 44
Yes, that worked - and I was slaughtered. :8q I'm all alone against a horde of robbers. My crewmembers stay outside like when I deal with the local trader. Does their presence affect the number of robbers, which appear in the Mystery House?

No, it's based on your "Melee" skill. You're being well rewarded if the bandits show up, you just need to live long enough to enjoy that reward... :duel:

Even with a 10 in melee skills, a gold armour and four horse pistols on a band, I was still badly outnumbered - and killed. And the poor merchant who paid me, had no chance at all.

I'm not sure what to do. First there's a problem because the bandits don't fight, now there's a problem because they do. xD It is a tough fight but I managed to survive, though not every time. As you say, the merchants are probably doomed, and then you can loot them as well as the bandits.

Take officers. Extra crew don't follow you into the house but officers do. But make sure they're all fully trained and equipped because it's still a tough fight. My elite band, who are capable of boarding a class 1 ship of the line without breaking a sweat, all ended up seriously hurt after a fight in Mystery House and so did I.

The unfortunate trader who had triggered the attack had also been fully set up as a trader by the dialog. So he had a lot of equipment to loot. And because we weren't the ones who killed him, grabbing the loot didn't have the usual consequence of looting a trader, which is a massive loss of reputation and an attack by the Merchant Guild.

I think, I found a cheating workaround, as I was near the stairs, when the next attack took place. So I fled up there, and the robbers were so eager to follow me, that they all tried to get to the stairs at the same time, and very few of them returned my strikes. The game engine, though, punished me for this cheat by crashing randomly, when I had plundered all corpses and was about to leave. :rolleyes:

Back