• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

national tactics

skeletor9000

Landlubber
After reading the excellent article on the history of the line of battle, I wonder if it's possible to give the AI generated captains specific tactics based on their nations. The French tactic of shooting at the rigging to disable a ship before hammering her could be implemented with something as simple as an equation that makes it more probable that the captains would fire chain/bar shot than bomb or ball. I'd be happy to get cracking on this myself if anyone could point me toward the appropriate file. Cheers. :huh:

I've always thought it would be nice to be able to direct WHAT your extra ships are firing - I suppose you can swap ships and order them to reload to knippels, then go back to your flagship to fight and board... But it seems so awkward (especially in the middle of a battle, LOL!)...

lol capo, spam hehe...hey wait, so is this.

at the risk of going off topic i will also add that have nation differing tactics would rule

I would be happy if the AI gets better with naval combat, no matter what tactic it uses, but at least it should use it properly!. Current naval combat AI is quite poor, IMHO.

But this happens with all games, ai will never be as good as humans in a game unless thousands of hours are spent developing it... currentle the only game that has good ai is... Chess!... but because lots of people are working on chess ais for decades!

Now 'at be a fine game o' strategy,one I've never bored of, ye jest can't beat a good ol;' game o' chess :cheers ;)

this is very true chess is a true classic. i agree with ya that real stratagy true to the time would be awesome and improve gameplay unbelievably.

Back