• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Navigating a ship

noobiepirate

Landlubber
Hi,
I'm about 12 years old, and this game is rather complicated for me. Could anyone tell me how to navigate a ship from one place to another? (just as I would ride a car...) Thanks.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

The keys W and S - raise and lower the sails to control your speed ( press W once for half sails - twice for Full Sails - how fast you actually go depends on the speed of the wind. )

The A key turns you left

The D key turns you right.

If you are sailing on the map W starts you moving and S stops you --- A and D turn you left & right as before. ( when in the map the tab key gives a close view or a distant view - enabling you to see a larger area of the map )

You can only get from one island to another by sailing on the map -- but you can sail arround an island or along the coast near a town in Ship sailing mode.

I hope this helps you.

:doff

Thanks a lot! I used the same keys (the ones you've mentioned) last time, but didn't see the ship moving forwards or backwards. I could steer it left and right though. Either I'm a complete noob, or I must have done something wrong. :confused:

Also check that your ships has enough crew ( you can hire more at the tavern just ask the inkeeper ) and check that your ship is repaired because you start a new game with a damaged ship ( you can do this at the shipyard ). Enyoy the game and be sure to download the Gentelan of Fortune mod that bring a lot of new stuff to the game and many new ships. The instalation is easy just copy paste.

Plus make sure your not commanding a ship that's beyond your skill level. If you're just starting out, you shouldn't try to manuver a frigate or a 2nd rate.

Back