• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Navigation Skill

CrankyPirate

Landlubber
Just started the game (GOF v1.2) and have been sailing around, and noticed that my navigation skill does not go up at all. I tied on the world map and in 'real time' but no increase at all. I even put in on 8x speed and went of and watched tele for a bit and cam back after 30 mins to find zero increase in the skill.

From what I have read in various threads the Nav skill should just go up when sailing around..? I have 10 Talent points etc, so according to most I have read it should be going up pretty fast.

The only time I have seen an increase was in a storm, I gained just two skill points, but the ship got trashed..

What am I doing wrong?

Your navigation skill will only go up while you're battling, or in a storm.
You can play tons of sea battles, but in my opinion, the best way to gain navigation skill is to either enter a storm till your ship is almost sunk and then turn to the world map, or do the trade runs and port controlers' quests.

OK, thanks, I was sure I read in one thread that the skill goes up when your just sailing around, but I guess not. Can I ask why the nav skill goes up when doing a port controllers quest or trade run? are you not able to exit to the world map or something?

Also, I am sure I remember in the vanilla game. before I installed the mod, that the ship skills being commanded by the player were highlighted, as were those for each officer; this seems to have gone now the mod is installed. Skill all have standard backgrounds even with officers on board...

Back