• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need help applying build patches/versions

ImStuckIngame

Landlubber
OK, so I started with a clean installation of POTC.

I applied the build13_full

I am looking at two other zip files on my dekstop - b13_update3 and b14_alpha6.

I am not sure what to do. I think I need to apply update 3 first, but I don't know how to apply it properly. After I get it applied should/how do I apply b14? Is it stable enough to play?

Updates for Build 13 and Build 14 Alpha 6 are in zip format - if you have a nowaday operating system (Windows XP, i.e.) you should be able to open them double-clicking on those shortcuts. The wizard for extracting zipfiles should appear. To install an update, select PotC main directory in which ENGINE.EXE file is located (usually, with standard US installation it's C:\PROGRAM FILES\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean) and proceed.

To install patch for Build 13 you should extract Build13 update 3 after installing Build 13. The same is true for Build 14 Alpha 6, but remember that B14Alphas are test versions and contain much more bugs than Build 13. If you only want to play, ti would be better to resign from some extra features for a while and use Build 13 Update 3.

pirate_kk

Back