• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Need Help - COAS Activation code

grantJ

Landlubber
I bought and downloaded a copy of COAS on the internet back in 2009, since then I have been playing the game and downloaded the Mod GOF_1.1.2 full patch and was very happy with the game. My problem is I left Australia to live in Thailand, I copied the game to a backup hard drive, and bought a new computer in Thailand. When all my gear including the backup hard drive arrived from Australia I loaded it on the new computer and went to start the game and it came up with a message requesting an activation code. As this was a bought and downloaded copy from the internet I no longer have the code as it has been lost in the move.
Is there anyway I can fix this problem or will I have to buy a new copy of COAS and start all over again?
I am starting to go into withdrawl symtoms as I have not played the game now for 2 months and need to get back in to it.
If I need to buy a new copy of COAS can you suggest where to buy from.
Regards

I can recommend one thing.....and I don't know if it will work for sure or not. Look in your downloaded mod files (NOT your game files) and see if there is a dvm.dll file. Extract that file from your mod folder and drop it in your game folder replacing the one already there and see if it will run. If that doesn't work, PM me and I will provide a solution.

MK

Sorry, I could not find a dvm file in GOF mod download only the dvm game file application extension. I am not all that computer literate, I have a fair understanding but not great. Sorry to be a nuisance.

No issues Mate. No one here is a nuisance. We all share a passion for these great games and the subject matter. We are all Brethren of the Coast. ARRRR! :pflag

I Pm'd you with what I think will solve your problem.

MK

No issues Mate. No one here is a nuisance. We all share a passion for these great games and the subject matter. We are all Brethren of the Coast. ARRRR! :pflag

I Pm'd you with what I think will solve your problem.

MK
Hi,
You may think I am out of touch but what is PM? and where is that?

Look around on the internet. Just do some searches for the downloadable versions of the game and you will find what you need. It's out there.

MK

Look around on the internet. Just do some searches for the downloadable versions of the game and you will find what you need. It's out there.

MK
Thanks will do. I will let you know how I go. I will be a lot happier once I get back to playing COAS.
Regards

Thanks will do. I will let you know how I go. I will be a lot happier once I get back to playing COAS.
Regards
Hi,
Thanks for your help, I found the problem, it was the dvm.dll, my computer Anti virus software was deleting the DVM.dll file so I could not open COAS. I downloaded a dvm.dll file from the internet and all is great, back to playing COAS, fantastic.
Regards

Back