• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help With POTC

conor

Landlubber
ive joined the forum. i have a problem relating to blackscreens. i have completed the quest when you speak to the governor of raymond. after leaving towards oxbay and trying to enter either the green rock or any area that will lead into the town such as "exit from oxbay"( the whole of greenport and the lighthouse aswell as the jungles work fine so far. the second area of the beach are workable aswell(where you pick up an item behing the log)) untill i try to sneak into town then it blackscreens. i can see f1 and f2, and loading from a save while blackscreened stays black. i have a following ship which i picked up in greenport tavern, but i dont think thats the issue but i could try to take him to raymond then return. i have used the Sea.dll patch to fix newgame crash and i was wondering what causes the blackscreen when loading the city.

It is the original. I tried the mods and it failed to load past the interface, saying abnormal termination. I decided to reinstall the game as it happened in the exit to Raymond area aswell. After reinstalling it seams to work atleast at that specific save. I think I may of just overwrote a corrupted save too many time or something.

I installed the mod and it all installed OK. I followed the instructions and it worked fine, I till I applied the fix. It loads up, freezes for a second. Then moves the game to the bottom right of the screen. I've tried changing full screen on and off and adjusting the screen size but even when full screen it moves its self to the bottom right. I've uninstall Ed Intel fix just incase but it does the same either way, any ideas on how to get the game to centre on my screen? Thanks

I installed the mod and it all installed OK. I followed the instructions and it worked fine, I till I applied the fix. It loads up, freezes for a second. Then moves the game to the bottom right of the screen. I've tried changing full screen on and off and adjusting the screen size but even when full screen it moves its self to the bottom right. I've uninstall Ed Intel fix just incase but it does the same either way, any ideas on how to get the game to centre on my screen? Thanks
I restarted my cp. It's centred again, but just incase it reocurres, do you have any tips on why it was happening? Tnx

I restarted my cp. It's centred again, but just incase it reocurres, do you have any tips on why it was happening? Tnx
That sounds familiar.
Try running the game in compatibility mode.
If I recall, I use "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" and that works fine for me.

Back