• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

need some advice

zaccard

Landlubber
Hello

Yesterday i postet in CoAS forum about some probs with coas and potc.
The prob with PotC is solved!

After i reinstallled the whole game + build+patch, everything works fine now, no probs with turning char anymore.
This time i installed the Enb graphics mod too,and what can i say, the game looks FANTASTIC! its a great differenc..

Game runs smooth with nvidia settings(set to overide aplication setting) on high quality 4AA 16AS(not sure if AS is in effect in this game) and 1280/1024 resolution.

Now question about the build settings..can someone explaine exactly how the direct sail mod works? do i have to activate something in build settings?
Everytime i try to sail out of port in first or 3rd person view my ship dont move far, i get out of port but then it dont move further..
So if i have to activate something in BS, where can i find the Build settings H in the main folder??,so far im not able to find it in the main folder.

Thx
Peter

Latest versions of the build you change them in OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS (in game)

Direct sail allows you to sail from island to island without entering the World Map ;)

You can also experience encounters and other things on your journey :yes

Latest versions of the build you change them in OPTIONS/ADVANCED OPTIONS (in game)

Direct sail allows you to sail from island to island without entering the World Map ;)

You can also experience encounters and other things on your journey :yes

Thx for reply, but ....
In Ingame, advanced options i cant find direct sail or something i can activate (dont now if its necessary)) direct sail..so
..can someone explaine exactly how the direct sail mod works? do i have to activate something in build settings?
Everytime i try to sail out of port in first or 3rd person view my ship dont move far, i get out of port but then it dont move further..
So if i have to activate something in BS, where can i find the Build settings H in the main folder??,so far im not able to find it in the main folder.

DirectSail is always on. Just point your ship in the direction of your destination and keep on sailing until you arrive.
You might want to use time compression ([R] and [G] on the keyboard) to not have to wait too long.

What do you mean with "your ship doesn't move very far"? Your ship can't just STOP can it??? :shock

DirectSail is always on. Just point your ship in the direction of your destination and keep on sailing until you arrive.
You might want to use time compression ([R] and [G] on the keyboard) to not have to wait too long.

What do you mean with "your ship doesn't move very far"? Your ship can't just STOP can it??? :shock

I enter the ship in 3rd or first person person view ,rais sail direct the ship to another island, ship starts sailing, k but after a while, still can see the port i leaved, i dont move further.
Tested it, 5 min realtime sailing, then i select map to see how far i was, then i see that i was still on same position like before 5 min...
How long (without timecompression) in min. is time to sail from 1 island to the next?

If you continue sail, do you notice any weather updates? Eg. the wind shifting direction or the sun rising/lowering?
In the Advanced Options menu, find the DISPLAY_TIME setting and enable it.
You should now get a time display at sea. When the time just passes the whole hour, that's when a DirectSail update should take place.
Either you'll encounter some ships or you're reloaded to the next island.

Try sailing from Antigua to Guadeloupe; I recall those are REALLY close together.

Ok now i see it works.Was a little confusing that i still see the coast of the island that i leaved right before the aho message comes.
Tested it now with timecopmression, stilll very long sailing before i reach the next island.
Often i get ctd after the aho message, maybe i reinstall all again...and reconfig the grafics...will see.

Thx guys for helping, and congrats on this wonderfull build.

You're welcome; it's been working quite fine for me.
Indeed it DOES take a long time even with time compression to sail from island to island.
But even so, technically it doesn't take long enough - just a couple of ingame hours.
Unfortunately the worldmap and 3D sailing mode scales don't match up at all.
To get a somewhat reasonable voyage length in DirectSail, we had to add one day for every hour sailed at sea. :facepalm

Sorry to re-activate this thread! I've been wondering about DirectSail too but just want to clear a few things up :)

How long in real time does it take to sail in DirectSail from Antigua to Guadeloupe, for example?
I find that when I try and use DirectSail, I move no where.

For example, I'm in the world map and about to reach Barbados. I position my ship in the world map so it's JUST on the boarder of my crew shouting that there's land ahead. So technically I'm still in open sea. I click space to go to 3D sailing, and press R a few times to speed up, and head in the direction of Barbados. However, I go for a good 5 minutes, and there's no sight of land. I go back onto the world map, and I find I haven't moved anywhere.
Is there a setting required, I don't know.
Thanks guys :D

DirectSail doesn't work if you drop out from the worldmap in "open sea" because of the way the game calculation system works.
There should be an on-screen message notifying you of this:
Code:
        Logit("No island within reach");  // Jan07, hint added
        Logit("Enter the map to sail to some island");
So as that says, use the worldmap to go to whichever island. Once you're there, you can sail to any other island without using the worldmap.

You can use time compression along the way to speed it up. If you're not using Iron Man Mode at 10x or even 30x time compression, you can make it to another island in a few real life minutes even.
You'll encounter stuff along the way that you might miss when you speed around too much though, so careful with that.

I hope that explains it. :doff

Ah I see! Ill give it a whirl tomorrow. It explains everything! Thank you. *bowing emoticon that my phone doesn't let me use*.

Back