• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help New Player Asking for Help

As much as I tried to get PotC closer to the inspiration you suggest, it remains a different game concept.
And that's a good thing in my book.
Exactly. :cheers I have no expectations at all that POTC or COAS will be turned into something like CT. There's no need for that. When I want to play an open-world, classic, story-based RPG, I, too, play POTC and COAS. (I have all three games installed on my computer.)

When we try to fit everything into one game, we end up with a bloated mess that's hard to oversee and maintain, and usually the quality of the gameplay experience suffers for it.

It is a good thing, a very good thing, that each game has something unique in terms of gameplay experience to offer. That way they do what they do best, and we can switch game when we want to play something different.

We're coming back full circle to we've said at the beginning of this thread. CT is CT. COAS is COAS. And POTC/NH is POTC/NH. Each game has their own unique approach and way.

Last edited:
I have no expectations at all that POTC or COAS will be turned into something like CT. There's no need for that.
Haha; very true! Why make something that already exists?!? :rofl

We're coming back full circle to we've said at the beginning of this thread. CT is CT. COAS is COAS. And POTC/NH is POTC/NH. Each game has their own unique approach and way.
Was an interesting talk anyway and I learned a lot that I didn't already know.
Thanks for sharing your views and opinions! I really appreciate it. :cheers

I appreciate the conversation too, it made me see the game through a different perspective and now I may another good game to play if I just want to exist in the Caribbean and not be in the thick of it, saving the world for example.

Thanks @Cerez!!! :cheers

Gibbs300px.PNG

"Okay folks, break it up! I think we have enough sap now to repair the hull."

;)

And it makes me wonder... What do you think about this here?
Had a look. It sounds very interesting. There are so many new things for me still to explore in NH -- it has so much great content!

I think the idea to have a merchant/business gameplay option even in POTC, and to have to defend yourself from pirates, is neat -- though I think it should be tuned to the POTC/NH world and gameplay rather than trying to mirror CT or one of the other games. I'll be curious to give it a shot -- along with so much else I want to play in New Horizons... :aar

Back