• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New QA tester

ArmorDonio

HoO Team Member
QA Tester
Provisional
Hello,

I am Don(from the Netherlands) also known as ArmorDonio and i really love historic games set in the age of sail. I also love following and helping developments of upcoming/new released games by pointing out different issues.

These are my PC specs as far as i know:

GPU: Geforce GTX 760
CPU: INTEL CORE i5-4440 @ 3.10GHz
8 GB RAM
1920 x 1200 60Hz
Microsoft Windows 8.1

The game looks promosing and i am very excited for the end result :)

Last edited:
Ahoy Don, welcome aboard mate!

That system would certainly be a good test rig! When you get the chance, could you please write up a review of the latest demo, and describe any problems that you may have ran in to, thanks!

Ahoy Don, welcome aboard mate!

That system would certainly be a good test rig! When you get the chance, could you please write up a review of the latest demo, and describe any problems that you may have ran in to, thanks!

Thank you!,

The first thing i tried in the demo was creating my character but that dind seem to work. I could adjust the settings of my character but i couldn't select the create button for some reason. Luckely there are pre-made characters so i started single player with John Silver. When i came in the world map every thing was fine, it runned smooth and no problem with frame drops at all. First i tried to get in to the house on the left side of the island but it was pretty hard because of the view point. I dont know if there is an option to toggle first person on so if there is please notify me :). Also i noticed you could get stuck between the house and the stairs like this:
heartsofoakproblem.jpg

when i finally entered the ship it told me to swap stations with TAB but when i tried to move around with the mouse it became really buggy and the view point was teleporting the whole time. Also i couldn't continue because everytime if i get to far away from the wooden boat it teleports me back to the start with the same messages with pressing TAB and space to fire cannons. I tried to destroy the wooden boat but i couldn't because the ship turning was really hard dind work very well. Also when i would get out of ship command i wouldn't teleport back to the start but i could walk on top of the ship and if i dind run, i would have fallen off. like this:
heartsofoakproblem2.jpg

The last thing is that the only sound i heard where the cannon shots but i am sure you guys are aware of this.

Sorry if it all sounds so negative but i really love this game and i am happy to test it.

Hi @ArmorDonio, welcome to the QA team. You may now access the Development forum, where you will find the latest releases and discussion threads.

@ArmorDonio, nice write up mate! :onya

There are certainly parts of the demo that are negative at this point, which is exactly why we need feedback like yours mate! From now on, please post your feedback in the appropriate release thread in the development forum, or if the issue is serious enough, to the bug tracker. Welcome to the team mate!

@ArmorDonio, nice write up mate! :onya

There are certainly parts of the demo that are negative at this point, which is exactly why we need feedback like yours mate! From now on, please post your feedback in the appropriate release thread in the development forum, or if the issue is serious enough, to the bug tracker. Welcome to the team mate!

Thanks! and offcourse i will post as much feedback as i can :).

Back