• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP New Satanist Frigate

I downloaded the file on Saturday, haven't been back online since, but managed to figure out where everything went. The ship is operational and is in the update.
piratfrigatesat.jpg piratfrigatesat_bow.jpg piratfrigatesat_stern.jpg piratfrigatesat_shipyard.jpg

A couple of slight tweaks were needed. The "refShip.model" line is commented out in "Ships_init.c". This line is for the "Appearance" tab in the shipyard. If two or more ships have the same such line, e.g. 'refShip.Model = "Rossiya";' then they're repaint-compatible - you can go to "Appearance" and repaint one to another. That "repaint" actually means replacing your ship with another model, which is fine if they're both identical models except for texture, and if both have identical stats. If they don't have identical stats then weird things can happen.

I've added 'refShip.period' lines to this and to all the other Satanist ships. This won't affect their presence in quests but will affect FreePlay - you won't be able to choose an evil ship in a wildly inaccurate period any more. Those which are adaptations of a standard design are available in any period in which the base ship exists plus the period(s) in which they appear in the quest. For example, "PiratFrigateSat" is available in "Golden Age" and "Colonial Powers" (because standard Kreysers appear then), and also in "Revolutions" (because that's when it appears in the quest). But you can't play it in "Spanish Main" (the only frigate in existence in that period is Portugal's lateen frigate).

I haven't had time to speed-run "Strange Things Going On in the Archipelago" to see the ship where it's meant to be seen. But there's a quick way to see which ship is used by the Animists. Put this into "console.c":
Code:
DumpAttributes(CharacterFromID("Dark Captain"));
Start a FreePlay game, choose a year to set the right period, then go into the game and press F12. Then quit, look at "compile.log", search for "Mefisto" and you should see which type of ship "Dark Captain" is using. That's how I was able to verify that in "Revolutions" period, he does indeed now get your ship.

Last edited:
When I get back home and have access to Maya I will try to remodel the stern to look like the stern of the original Mefisto, at least I will add the "horns" and the original figurehead.

Don't know how fast the progress will be, since I most probably be busy with real life stuff but hopefully some progress could be done, even if at a slow pace.

Have a good month everyone!!! :cheers

Back