• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

New ship on the block [introduction]

Ahoy mates!

I'm a game developer from the Northeast of sunny England, I recently discovered that the Storm Engine is open-sourced and figured it would be worth joining the crew! The 2003 Pirates of the Caribbean game was a childhood favourite of mine, many fond memories of it though I'm not quite sure if I ever actually finished it. Anyways, it was my first ever modding experience, or at least as far as you can mod when you're just editing the source files to start the game with a lot of cash and a good ship.

My preferred name is Cy (I'll have to see if I can adjust that on the profile somehow) and, as you might've guessed, Arcturus Game Studios is my company! First game in progress! Outside of videogames, I am a historic reenactor and my group has a fondness for navy life, sometimes doing British Royal Navy gun crews or pirate shows when they come along, so yes I have fired an actual cannon before and they're quite fun!

Feel free to ask me anything!
Here's to many great adventures, I hope I can share them with you all!

Back