• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved New to CoAS

gylfe

Landlubber
Hello everybody,

For those of you who haven't seen my hello thread I am new here, but have been a follower for quite some time. I got PoTC when it was new and have played the Build Mods for it since the beginning.

I recently got back into it and have been having a great time, it actually inspired me to go out and pick up CoAS. Well order it from Amazon anyway.

I hope my questions won't be too annoying as I'm sure they're asked often, it's just tough to find exactly what I'm looking for through the search function, so at the risk of a bad first impression here goes:

Between the Combined Mod and the Gentlemen of Fortune, which is the more played mod? Which one is more stable?

I'm basically looking for an updated PoTC. The realism for sailing isn't all that important to me as I disable a lot of the realism things, I do enjoy the Black Pearl from the Build Mod so preferably the mod that has that available. The most important thing is the free play and stability.

I want to thank you in advance for any information provided and for the opportunity to be a part of this great community.

Gentlemen of Fortune is based on the Combined Modpack; unfortunately, the later editions have worse issues with game stability.
I can't remember the specifics though; I hope one of our CoAS modders will fill you in on that here.

Whatever you try, free play is always a very definite option. :yes

Actually GOF 2.0 seems to be very stable although the surrender mod does not work. GOF 1.2 is the most unstable.

MK

GoF 2.0 is not on the ModDB yet. Is anyone going to post that at some point?

2.0 is exclusively Luke's baby. I have not even actually played it as I have been busy with Eras for the last year.

MK

Back