• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler No Ammo in stores fix?

rags707

Landlubber
So I'm noticing that stores in my game just stopped selling ammo. They are perpetually out. I saw in a thread here somewhere that attempts to fix this bug so far have been unsuccessful.

I did a little digging and found this commented out code in StoreUtilite.c - void UpdateStore(ref pStore):
Code:
// boal 25.01.2004 -->
/*if ( sti(curref.TradeType)==TRADE_TYPE_AMMUNITION )
{
    curref.Quantity = 1000+Rand(50)*20;
    continue;
}
if ( i==GOOD_SAILCLOTH || i==GOOD_PLANKS )
{
    curref.Quantity = 600+Rand(100);
    continue;
}*/

It would seem it's job is to randomly add ammo and repair materials to the stores. Has anyone tried turning this back on? If so what were the results?

P.S. What's with the formatting in InitGoods.c? All those left aligned blocks in the if/else if chains make my eyes bleed.

EDIT : Forgot to mention this is running latest GOF

Last edited:
Just tested this. Spent a night at the tavern to cause an update an sure enough ammo and sail cloth available. Though I'm going to tweak these values a bit.

Is there some terrible side effect to this change that's going to bite me later on? Anyone with knowledge of it please let me know.

Hey Rags,

As far as i know changing the StoreUtilite.c as well as editing the values in InitStore doesn't' cause any problems or side effects other having the markets overflooding with goods :cheers. I usually edit them if i want to have a fleet of first rates and keep them supplied lol :rumgone. For saftey's sake though I'd make a backup of your originals :type1

Back