• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug No Governor After Taking Bridgetown

cpt. Toni

Sailor Apprentice
Build 14 Beta 4 WIP: 8 Dec 2015

Free play, BBF, McAlister.
I have LoM of Portugal governor. Portugal is in war with England. So I attack Bridgetown and try to take to colony. After destroying the fort goes landing party, across the fort, through port and town to town hall.
In the second part of town English soldiers standing up and did not continue attacking me.
First save is before attacking the fort, and second one is in the port when stop the fight.
Town & port are locked, can go to ship, can walk through the ship, and there is no "on sea" icon, so I am stuck.
Screenshot

Attachments

• error.log
    182 bytes · Views: 96
  • compile.log
    68.3 KB · Views: 100
  • -=Player=- Open Sea October 13th, 1797.zip
    832 KB · Views: 77
  • -=Player=- Barbados. Town October 13th, 1797.zip
    864.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
I'm not entirely sure I'm following. Did you get as far as the town hall or not?
Was it ALL soldiers not fighting? Or just a few? Or one?

Bridgetown does not have a governor :no( unless @Levis has put the one he was proposing into the game already ).

The town fight is complete when you get to the section with the cathedral ( large church with wood arround it) - there should be the fort commander standing still somewhere in that section of town -he is who you talk to to take over the town etc. :yes

If @Levis has already created a governor - this might have caused a bug in the Capture colonies mod for Bridgetown. :shrug

:drunk

unless @Levis has put the one he was proposing into the game already
He didn't. Nothing has changed whatsoever.

Which means that after a fight in the last location, you should be reloaded to the same location.
That one would contain a character who looks like a soldier, but does not fight.
That is the Fort Commander to discuss the terms of surrender. Just talk to him.

I will go back to Bridgetown and try to take it, but I think there is good explanation above, for the place & situation.
It is no bug then.

Back