• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot Confirm No Rush

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
During testing of the "Angelique Moulin" quest, I've been starting a new game, using cheatmode to get up to level 15 so as to trigger the quest, then spending the ability points on combat perks. This includes "Rush". However, since installing the latest zip update, "Rush" doesn't seem to work. I've checked that the control is the same, and I've checked the update didn't foul up "InternalSettings.h" (and if it did, I probably wouldn't be able to buy "Rush" anyway).

Has someone disabled "Rush" entirely?

Not if you've edited "InternalSettings.h" to set "REALISTIC_ABILITIES" to 0. ;) "Rush" isn't as important as some of the others, though it would help testing quests if I'm in godmode and just want to slice my way through all the highwaymen between Port au Prince and Buccaneer Camp as quickly as possible...

could be ... will test it soon(ish)

I just tried this. Set:
Code:
#define REALISTIC_ABILITIES         0     // INT  - 1=DEFAULT: Controlled by Realism Mode - 0 or 2 override the Realism Mode setting
Start New Game on Realistic Game Mode, use console "switch(3)" to get all abilities.
Enter fight mode, use [Enter] menu to enable Rush, start attacking characters. Seems to work as far as I can tell. o_O

I still can't use the console so I have to get the abilities the old-fashioned way, by buying them from the "Abilities" screen via F2 -> "Character". After doing so, [Enter] doesn't have the "Rush" icon.

Changing "REALISTIC_ABILITIES" to 0 is one of the first things I do any time I run an installer. ;)

I still can't use the console so I have to get the abilities the old-fashioned way, by buying them from the "Abilities" screen via F2 -> "Character". After doing so, [Enter] doesn't have the "Rush" icon.
Regardless of your fullscreen/windowed issues, you should be able to try the process I just described.
Just set switch(3) before starting the game.

Back