• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

No Save At Beginning?

Badger

Landlubber
Ahoy Mates

"CoAS" arrived in the post this morning and having installed it and modded up, I set about playing Peter Blood, only to discover after about half an hours play, that I have no option to save, it's grayed out. couldn't find anything in "Search" unless I'm missing the obvious.

Is the save option supposed to be unavailable until you complete the initial quests or something like that? Or have installed the mod wrongly and upset it somehow. I let the mod install into the folder it suggested and then realizing that it was a separate folder from the game, I copied and pasted the files across.

Thanks for any advice to get me over this initial hitch.

badger

I moved this thread over from the AoP forum to the CoAS one; you might get a better response here. ;)

Ahoy Mates

"CoAS" arrived in the post this morning and having installed it and modded up, I set about playing Peter Blood, only to discover after about half an hours play, that I have no option to save, it's grayed out. couldn't find anything in "Search" unless I'm missing the obvious.

Is the save option supposed to be unavailable until you complete the initial quests or something like that? Or have installed the mod wrongly and upset it somehow. I let the mod install into the folder it suggested and then realizing that it was a separate folder from the game, I copied and pasted the files across.

Thanks for any advice to get me over this initial hitch.

badger

Have you tried pressing F6?

MK

Have you tried pressing F6?
MK

ok, firstly I posted in the wrong forum?! Well that's just Badgertastic of me isn't it! thanks for moving that Pieter

Secondly... thanks MK for that perfectly reasonable suggestion and I wish I could say "Huzzah! It worked!" Instead though I must hand my head in shame and tell you that the actual problem was that I selected "hard core mode" in the game options (thinking it was about realistic sailing) and that apparently disables saving unless you are at a church! D'oh!!

That said MK, had I not tried your suggestion, I would not have received the text message which told me that, so thanks because one way or another you did solve my problem.

In my own defense I must say that the manual that came with this game is in Spanish!! "un qué gran comienzo!" And of course being a true Brit I only speak English! None of this Johnny Foreigner speak for us Brits ;)

Thanks for the quick responses chaps. But then I've come to expect no less at the supportive shores of Pirates Ahoy! :cheers

No problem Mate, I tried "death mode" just once - WAY too hard for me. I think the game is perfect about dead center. I prefer to play at Captain setting. :keith

MK

Back