• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug no ships for sale at shipyards

hans

Landlubber
Hi,
first of all i would like to thank the developers for this beautiful mod.
I ran in some kind of problem. I'm running version 14 3.4., are playing the standard campaign and every shipyard I visited had no ships for sale. The only change I made to the installed version: I have modified the defaultcontrols.h but that's about it. I tried different combinations of the ingamesetting specific to the shipyards.
I was wondering where the Problem is exactly. Is it the game or my stupidity? Or maybe both?

Wil have a look soon, which should be early next week.

In the meantime, have you tried starting a new game yet?
Or press F11 and see if that makes any difference.

Do you have any .log files in your main game folder from when you open the shipyard interface?

And did this happen straight from game start or did suddenly ships stop showing up at the shipyards?

I never saw any ship in any shipyard for sale. I think it was the state from the beginning that no ships had been for sale.
Hitting F11 didn't help.
I started a new game this time the assasin campaign. Same problem here.
I added the two .log files from the main directory. They should contain the actions from loading a game beeing within the shipyard inculding an attempt to buy a ship.

Attachments

• PotC.7z
    1.3 KB · Views: 78
I tried it once again and another .log file popped up that might be much more of interest.

Attachments

• error.7z
    368 bytes · Views: 84
I don't think so. If i had to guess I would say the problem occurred due to an incomplete install.

I'm surprised an incomplete install can even happen. But computers are computers and weird stuff will always occur. :modding

Well I haven't experienced one neither or heard of it. After the installation a game works or it doesn't.
For clarification: I have to admit that there had been error messages in the game. They appeared while being in direct sail mode or on the world map and read something like "ship image x not found setting y to default". But the game was running smoothly and so I thought: So what. It is obviously no major problem because the game is still running and if there is the possibility to load a default image that means only the game looks in a tiny aspect not so nice as it could.
Later on when I had some money to buy a better ship and therefore checked out the shipyard, I guess I was already used to them so I kinda ignored them. In retrospect it's of course quite foolish. But I suppose because they showed up after leaving the shipwright interface I was distracted by thinking more about the problem of no ships appearing in the sale menu and whether my tinkering with the defaultcontrols.h caused the problem or maybe i was missing the hole file containing some essentials of the shipsale, then actually looking at the error messages indicating at least a possible problem.
Anyhow after the reinstall these error messages didn't show again and at the shipyard I visited had been a collection of ships for sale. So the answer to the question I posed in the first post of this thread is: It's my stupidity.
Thanks for the help and sorry for the false alarm.

Back