• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

NPC Officers Ability Points

Scorpion

Landlubber
Hello,
I would like to mod my game so that when I hire an Officer, he will have (for example)
6 Personal Abilities Points & 12 Ship Abilities Points to distribute. Anyone know where
and how to do this? Or even found a thread that covers this on NPC's? I can find this on
Player Characters, but not NPC's.
I believe what I want to change is in the RPGUtilite.c file shortly after the first instance of
SetSPECIAL, but I can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

Perhaps, it's possible if you edit files before starting new game.
I've never met the mod you're writing about and I think it doesn't exist.

You can try to edit these files but don't do it with your current save because you'll breake it.

When you take the new officer, he can have some personal and ship abilities developed. Anyway, he has to be on board for some time to increase his skills, to increase his level and it gives him new points to use.
I suggest to take guys with higher levels, look at their abilities, if they've got multitasking ability which makes that one of them can be on 2-3 positions.

Perhaps, it's possible if you edit files before starting new game.
I've never met the mod you're writing about and I think it doesn't exist.

You can try to edit these files but don't do it with your current save because you'll breake it.

When you take the new officer, he can have some personal and ship abilities developed. Anyway, he has to be on board for some time to increase his skills, to increase his level and it gives him new points to use.
I suggest to take guys with higher levels, look at their abilities, if they've got multitasking ability which makes that one of them can be on 2-3 positions.

Yes, a new game needs to be started to enact any file changes.
I want help pinpointing what exactly I need to change to get the result I described.
But thanks for replying.

The game is more interesting without editing anything. I just started game with 2 millions of gold and katana saber.
1 million I gave the moneylender at Port Royal ( I use it if I'll need it to buy warship ). 1 million helped me to increase experience of my crew.

I always began with HMS Surprise but after installing GOF 2 when I edited the lines and chose Surprise, game began to fix go mad.

Back