• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Officers in CMV

Radrunner

Powder Monkey
My understanding is that when you hit the CoAS quest, you loose... well, everything. It is further my understanding that you can mitigate some of this by storing 5 ships at port controls, with one officer each, to save up to 5 officers for when you resume your Carribean pillaging duties.

So... what happens if you have more than 5? Are the few over gone for good, or will you be able to recruit the officers again once you track them down? Further along these lines, if you fire a unique officer (such as Blaze or Beatrice), will they begin showing up in Tavern's again, or are they gone for good again?

I just remember the horrible AoP days when officers were horribly bugged and there was a finite amount in the game...

Additional issue... I'm playing CMV 3.1.5. Just ran into some unique officers from my last game, and while they were rated as Hero's in the last game, they are now Shark's as far as reputation goes. Is the reputation of the unique officers (Beltrope, Beatrice, etc.) generated randomly whenever your game begins, whenever you meet them in a Tavern, whenever you talk to them, etc.? Or is it a characteristic of the actual character file (and if so, how do you change it?)?

Thanks!

Number of officers you can have and the likelihood of hiring them is now based on your authority stat. If you fire an officer hero, they should be able to show up up in taverns and such again and be hireable. When they are generated in a tavern, from what I've seen their alignment is generated randomly every time.

Cap'n Drow

Back