• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Oh lord, please make me invulnerable...

Buccanero

Sailor Apprentice
Often I could read that SD TEHO is very hard to play without getting killed a lot of times and loosing your officers as well – the same thing as in COAS. Especially various fights during the quests keep some people away from going on. For those who put away the game because of that I have a solution. BUT IT IS CHEATING!!!

There is a possibility to make your char and your officers invulnerable and you can toggle it on and off. Furthermore you can get to start i.e. freeplay a hefty sum of 50.000 coins, and you can do it unlimited.

First of all you need tehomod to get the PROGRAM-folder stuff. To install hookmod as well is a fine thing (thank you mateys for all that hard work). For my game version - it's 1.5.2. ENG – all hookmods I tried until now doesn't meet, I havn't found the reason, perhaps it has to do with the version and something is not compatible, but it doesn't matter for my cheat instructions.

You have to do 2 things:

1. Open the PROGRAM-folder and look for the file _LSC_on_off.
Go to the line - #define MOD_BETTATESTMODE - and change it to „on“ (without marks).

2. Now open the folder called „interface“ and look for the file „Debuger.c“. Rename it to your liking.
Copy my Debuger.c into this folder and all necessary is done.

For me it works without any problems. After you have done the procedur start your game. Now your game version should be x.x.x. DEV. Your savegames should work, but to be sure make copies before.

To use this cheat you have to hit F11 ingame and you get a display to choose cheats. I have transfered this from COAS and a lot of lines are called now „cheat“ blablabla, in the Debuger-file they are blank. To make Charles invulnerable hit with your mouse F10 (it's written in german and means playerchar...). In the background there will be a message in german which confirms the sucess. If you scroll down you see some more options for your navigator, bosun (Bootsmann) and purser/treasurer (Zahlmeister). There is one important point. You can take any of your officers, put him as i.e. navigator into your crew, hit the respective button and change him into another position, i.e. canoneer, he will stay invulnerable, also as a fighter. If you want to leave this screen don't hit the ok-button, go out by escape or the button in the upper right corner.

The honor for the changes in debuger is not to me, I'm not a coder. A feeled century :rolleyes: ago, it was in 2004 or something like that, another guy posted here in the COAS-forum the way to change the playerchar. I could expand the programming for the invulnerability of officers because some lines in COAS were blank.

Alright now, if you don't want to be killed furthermore, go this way and kill all that bloody bastards who are in your way. Have you ever tried to board a class 2 ship with your lugger? Hehe, :cheeky Good luck.

Attachments

• Debuger.c
    41.5 KB · Views: 313
Unfortunately it doesn`t work anymore for the newer version 1.7.3 ENG! (Unglücklicherweise funktioniert es leider nicht mehr für die neuere Version 1.7.3 ENG!)

Back