• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

One more Danielle

Nita

Sailor
Storm Modder
found this in a russian mod eyes where messed up like the quest Danielle..i put the eyes in the right spot but they need work
CAS Game 1_6_2019 5_58_34 PM.png
CAS Game 1_6_2019 5_58_17 PM.png

Attachments

• another Danielle.zip
    263.4 KB · Views: 164
A bit of work will be needed. CoAS uses different animations but that's a "Danielle" style texture, so the easiest way to import her into PoTC is probably to simply make a PoTC "Danielle" variant using the new texture. She'll also need talking head model and animation files, interface pictures, plus entries into "initModels.c" and "models_description.txt".

The texture also needs a bit of work:
lukreci_head.jpg
There's no texture for the eyeballs, which PoTC needs because it draws eyeballs separately and which CoAS doesn't need because it just draws the face. And the back of the neck could be a bit lighter to match the front, which is a fault common to other "Danielle" variants but which I may as well try to fix on this one if I'm going to edit it anyway to fix the eyes.

CoAS uses different animations but that's a "Danielle" style texture
Exactly what I thought; it can't be too difficult, since it's already a PotC model to begin with.
Main questions: Should we want it in the mod at all? If yes, is that something you care to do?

If the answer to either question is "no", then I think it's not going to happen.
I don't really mind either way; just wanted to ask the question. :doff

Exactly what I thought; it can't be too difficult, since it's already a PotC model to begin with.
Main questions: Should we want it in the mod at all? If yes, is that something you care to do?
I thought your original question "anything for in PotC too?" was an invitation to import her into PoTC. On that basis, I've already started. ;)

I thought your original question "anything for in PotC too?" was an invitation to import her into PoTC. On that basis, I've already started. ;)
Truth be told, it was indeed pretty much exactly that! Good call!! :cheers

The back of the neck is now lightened a bit, while the top of the front of the neck is shadowed to match under the chin:
lukreci_head2.jpg

As this model comes from CoAS, it seems appropriate to make armoured variants using the armour I "borrowed" from GoF:
lukreci.jpg lukreci_A1.jpg lukreci_A2.jpg lukreci_A3.jpg

The whole lot plus supporting files will go into PoTC's update archive in due time, but as this thread is under CoAS, only the texture files are relevant here. So, in case anyone wants to use them, here they are...

Attachments

• Lukreci_textures.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 185
Last edited:
=) nice work i was to busy working on my mods to have time for her like i said i just gave her dots to find the correct eye placement so i can fix her and the messed up one in coas latershe uses danielle ani. not sure if thats in the build i dont go pokeing in it i just play it=)

There's no texture for the eyeballs, which PoTC needs because it draws eyeballs separately and which CoAS doesn't need because it just draws the face.
That seems to be wrong - oops! If CoAS does draw eyeballs separately then your eye placement was wrong for PoTC, which means the eyeball texture in my files is probably wrong for CoAS and you'll need to correct them again... The eyeball texture in my files is dark brown, similar to the eyes on that part of the texture which covers the rest of the face, rather than the blue in the original file.

i dont understand why the 2 models that one and the one from coas have the down and apart eyes they are in the same spot as other textures from danny might be she was from potc in the first place reskined and animated(shrug)

i dont understand why the 2 models that one and the one from coas have the down and apart eyes they are in the same spot as other textures from danny might be she was from potc in the first place reskined and animated(shrug)
The original "Danielle" is indeed from PoTC; in fact, she was in the original unmodded PoTC and is now probably the oldest woman in the game, being still the original model. But the one in CoAS is a different model and "danielle.ani" from CoAS does not work with PoTC's "Danielle", while "woman_sit.ani" from PoTC does not work with the "Danielle" models from CoAS.

As for Isabela, someone else will probably need to do that. I have some experience with TOOL, which can read VRML files including the one for that model, but it crashes when I try to save the model as a .gm file. So it will be up to someone who knows Maya or some other modelling program to convert the model to .gm format.

@Grey Roger: Would there be any way to get that lass PotC-compatible, you think...?
As for Isabela, someone else will probably need to do that. I have some experience with TOOL, which can read VRML files including the one for that model, but it crashes when I try to save the model as a .gm file. So it will be up to someone who knows Maya or some other modelling program to convert the model to .gm format.
:p

grey rogers update cant be used in coas it put the eyes back to the same spot so yes this was a take from the first danny to make it into coas by akella and riped from potc so i will work on makeing her eyes better when i have time..my zip has her eyes in the right spot nothing fancy just 2 blue dot with black dots in the middle if you want to use now also good for teho
CAS Game 1_8_2019 10_05_21 AM.png

See if this one works any better. I've moved my larger, darker eye so that it's centred on your original blue one, and shrunk it a bit. If this works, I'll do the same to the armoured versious and upload those.

You're still using the interface picture from the original "Danielle". I don't know how CoAS uses its interface pictures but they seem to be stored in the same place as PoTC, which is "RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PORTRAITS", in which there are subfolders "256", "128" and "64". You might be able to get a screenshot of this model with better light on her face and make some interface pictures for her. Or use the screenshot which I posted here, which is the picture I used for the PoTC interface portraits.

Attachments

• Lukreci1.tga.tx.zip
    324.6 KB · Views: 155
works like a charm..so yes plz do the other ones plz..as far as portraits i have some already made for her ..because she will replace the other danielle in teho the model they have for it is just the maroon outfit that i never liked i was going to use my coas recolor but found this

Back