• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

One of Henry Morgan's quests

Wolf Light

Landlubber
I must be the only one stumped on this, because I can find no other posts about it with the search function.

I got a quest in a pirate town to take some guy to Port Royal to see Ol' Morgan. I get caught by a guard and thrown in jail. Morgan sets up my release and then says vaguely to get my affairs in order and come see him. So I escape and go straight back to his house, but he is not there. His man secretary says "He is a bit farther up at the <u>residency</u>." Ok, I think, I will go there. But of course it is not that simple. I go to the <u>residence</u> during the day, and there is no Morgan. And if I go at night, the <u>residence</u> is locked.
My question is, is the <u>residence</u> the actual residency that his secretary is talking about??
If not, where is this residency?? What do I need to do?? Should I have my ship in the port? Cause it's on a nearby beach because I had to sneak into town. No chance in hell of pulling it into Port Royal, the English attack me on sight, <b>everywhere</b>!!

(Better??)

Thanks for any help.

No one knows??
Does this mean everyone on this board is having the same problem?

Is the quest broken??

Can anyone at least point me in the right direction??

I think there was residence on Nevis..(Charlestown). You can go there through the dungeon in the city

<!--quoteo(post=324688:date=Jun 3 2009, 12:42 AM:name=Wolf Light)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wolf Light @ Jun 3 2009, 12:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324688"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I must be the only one stumped on this, because I can find no other posts about it with the search function.

I got a quest in a pirate town to take some guy to Port Royal to see Ol' Morgan. I get caught by a guard and thrown in jail. Morgan sets up my release and then says vaguely to get my affairs in order and come see him. So I escape and go straight back to his house, but he is not there. His man secretary says "He is a bit farther up at the <u>residency</u>." Ok, I think, I will go there. But of course it is not that simple. I go to the <u>residence</u> during the day, and there is no Morgan. And if I go at night, the <u>residence</u> is locked.
My question is, is the <u>residence</u> the actual residency that his secretary is talking about??
If not, where is this residency?? What do I need to do?? Should I have my ship in the port? Cause it's on a nearby beach because I had to sneak into town. No chance in hell of pulling it into Port Royal, the English attack me on sight, <b>everywhere</b>!!

(Better??)

Thanks for any help.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

when i did that part he was there, when you enter the house, if u look forward u see him at his desk, so if he is not there for you, try to use an older save, maybe it solve your problem

Hmm, He was not in the office or in his bedroom. I am playing under the Spanish flag.

I have actually gone back to several old saves, but always have the same problem. Maybe I should not go directly there and wait a few days first.

Weird bugs in this game.

Thanks for the help, I may just have to start the game over,,,,,, again.

I've always found him there, but I do wait at least a week or so before going back and talking to him.

i waited months but the secretary always says the same thing "He is a bit farther up at the residency."
Where is Morgan ???

I don't know why you guys have that problem. But I always go to see him right after he releases me from jail and he's always in his residence in Port Royal. Plus, I have never heard about that place being locked even during the night.

Are you guys thinking of the TOWN Residence? If so, you are definitely going to the wrong place. Morgans Residence is one of the houses facing the Governors mansion, IIRC.

Cap'n Drow

It's the big one at the back, with the stairs leading up to it.

When facing the ocean from the mansion, Morgans residence is the first one in the set of homes to the left if I remember correctly.

Cap'n Drow

<!--quoteo(post=337007:date=Jul 13 2009, 02:34 PM:name=saihtam)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saihtam @ Jul 13 2009, 02:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->still needing help<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

go to front of the store at port royal, keep going past it, you will see a fence along your side, make a left and keep going, you cant miss the house, go up to the door it should say Morgan's house or somthing like that I think overhead on your screen. Is that the residence you are talking about or are you looking for his "safe house". ie looking for morgan as a quest from a governor.

<!--quoteo(post=337012:date=Jul 13 2009, 07:01 PM:name=CptRoberts)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CptRoberts @ Jul 13 2009, 07:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=337007:date=Jul 13 2009, 02:34 PM:name=saihtam)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (saihtam @ Jul 13 2009, 02:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=337007"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->still needing help<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

go to front of the store at port royal, keep going past it, you will see a fence along your side, make a left and keep going, you cant miss the house, go up to the door it should say Morgan's house or somthing like that I think overhead on your screen. Is that the residence you are talking about or are you looking for his "safe house". ie looking for morgan as a quest from a governor.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If i go to that residence the offic is empty and the secretary says "He is a bit farther up at the residency"

Back