• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Overcast white sky and dark blue un-rippled water.

AB704

Landlubber
I tried this game again since I last did so 10 years ago.

Now I'm on windows 10, back then I had vista or win 7 I think.

All I have is the vanilla game with intel fix and using fps limiter.

Everything about the graphics is fine, except the sky and the water.
Here's a pic standing at the dock. This is very very bad looking and I have no idea what is causing it.
Has anybody any clue what I could do about it.

https://i.imgur.com/J3SQBSz.png

edit: I hope hardware isn't to new. Using a LG gaming series laptop with a RTX 3060M

Ahoy there, welcome aboard! :cheers
Something is wrong thats for sure, not sure what it could be though.

Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the game (outside of Program files), something may be wrong with the installation?
Also take a look at step 4 here: Guide - Installing New Horizons for Laptops with two GPU's
This way you won't need the Intel fix because it will be forced to run on your 3060.
In addition it may be worth it to look into the compatibility settings and set it to Windows XP for example.

As for being too new, I don't think so, not unless if there's something different with 30 series GPUs and PotC.
I run it on a 1660 S, and I know some that run it on 20 series cards. (And maybe 30, not exactly sure at the moment.)
If the problem persists then perhaps DGvoodoo could help?
I have used it in the past an alternative to the Intel fix without the loss of quality, but it may also help in your case.
Downloads - Dege's stuffs

I tried this game again since I last did so 10 years ago.

Now I'm on windows 10, back then I had vista or win 7 I think.

All I have is the vanilla game with intel fix and using fps limiter.

Everything about the graphics is fine, except the sky and the water.
Here's a pic standing at the dock. This is very very bad looking and I have no idea what is causing it.
Has anybody any clue what I could do about it.

https://i.imgur.com/J3SQBSz.png

edit: I hope hardware isn't to new. Using a LG gaming series laptop with a RTX 3060M

Texture files are missing... Try what Nameless Pirate suggests.

Ahoy there, welcome aboard! :cheers
Something is wrong thats for sure, not sure what it could be though.

Perhaps uninstall and reinstall the game (outside of Program files), something may be wrong with the installation?
Also take a look at step 4 here: Guide - Installing New Horizons for Laptops with two GPU's
This way you won't need the Intel fix because it will be forced to run on your 3060.
In addition it may be worth it to look into the compatibility settings and set it to Windows XP for example.

As for being too new, I don't think so, not unless if there's something different with 30 series GPUs and PotC.
I run it on a 1660 S, and I know some that run it on 20 series cards. (And maybe 30, not exactly sure at the moment.)
If the problem persists then perhaps DGvoodoo could help?
I have used it in the past an alternative to the Intel fix without the loss of quality, but it may also help in your case.
Downloads - Dege's stuffs

W0W, that did it. Took everything to the letter in that post including nvidia settings and whatnot.
Turned out I never really installed it correctly.

It also seems to run smoother.

I do want to take the oppurtunity to ask what difficulty is best for a beginner to new horizons mod. Default is landlubber, is that considered to easy?

W0W, that did it. Took everything to the letter in that post including nvidia settings and whatnot.
Turned out I never really installed it correctly.

It also seems to run smoother.
Nice to hear it now works! :cheers

I do want to take the oppurtunity to ask what difficulty is best for a beginner to new horizons mod. Default is landlubber, is that considered to easy?
I usually go for Sea Dog, also what I chose the first time I played it.
You can change the difficulty at any point in the game.
So I advise you to pick what sounds good for you now, and if it's too easy or too hard you change it accordingly.

Back