• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pearls at Turks?

Moonstone

Landlubber
I dont know how to get the pearls, their tartanes are hostile so my other ships are shooting at it, help!!!

I would say quite obviosly there are at least two quite obvious solutions (besides removing the ships in a port).
1. Command the ships not to move
2. Remove the guns from the ships

If you left the tactical map then you failed he quest and it is not more active. Aside from this you need just to get close to the enemy tartans. Do not fight them - just get VERY close. Even if you bump in them and sink them you still will get the pearls.

uhh i tried to but still their still enemies (red)and nothing is working, i didn't get any pearls by going close to them, i even tried crashing into them, so far i am pearl less

uhh i tried to but still their still enemies (red)and nothing is working, i didn't get any pearls by going close to them, i even tried crashing into them, so far i am pearl less

You probably messed something with the quest. Reload an yearlier savegame and try again.

tried it again the ships are hostile and im not getting anything, i think its because im holland, do i have to be pirate to do these quests?

tried it again the ships are hostile and im not getting anything, i think its because im holland, do i have to be pirate to do these quests?

No, you just must have the quest. You have to go there before a certain deadline and you will see lots of red dots - those are hostile pearl diver tartans. You don't except they to be friendly when you are coming to rob them, right?

No, you just must have the quest. You have to go there before a certain deadline and you will see lots of red dots - those are hostile pearl diver tartans. You don't expect they to be friendly when you are coming to rob them, right?

How is it possible to loot the pearl tartans, there is no boarding symbol showing up, they are always hostile but can only be sunk! What the hell is wrong with this quest?

How is it possible to loot the pearl tartans, there is no boarding symbol showing up, they are always hostile but can only be sunk! What the hell is wrong with this quest?

All you have to do is sail close alongside them - as if you were going to board - when you get close enough you will get a log message top right of screen saying you have been given a number of pearls from the ship.

That is all that happens. :yes

Then go to the next tartane and get some more until you have what you need or more.

Personally I think it would make more sense If you had to board and get the pearls from the chest in the Captains Cabin. :shrug

But they alway turn hostile no matter what flag I am flying and so they try o escape > getting sunk by being to close to me... :shrug

They will always turn hostile & try to run away - after all - you are trying to rob them :yes

What size of ship are you using ( perhaps it is to big ) :shrug - I had the Bluebird - when I managed to get alongside them they lowered their sails and gave my the pearls.

Back