• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate Reputation.

vlad76

Landlubber
As this is my first post I would just like to say a big hello to everyone and a huge THANK YOU to all involved with this amazing mod!!! Iv been looking for a good pirate based game for ages and only bought 'Pirates of the Caribbean' so that I could play this mod on it.

I'm currently running Build 14 Alpha 9.5 patch 3, Iv been playing the game for around a week (standard campaigh/story) and love it! And of course have a question =)

While increasing my relations with the normal countries by attcking the pirates, my rep with the pirates has taken a bit of a beating (currently -119) By raising a pirate flag myself I can land at any pirate port without trouble... apart from Tortuga!? I have read advice on previous posts about 'Diplomats' and 'Amnesty' but they don't have an option for sorting out pirate relations??

Following this I approached a pirate leader and asked to be a pirate, I was accepted, but my relations didn't change with them..... although everyone else has now become Wary of me. I even spent quite a few hours sinking and capturing random nations ships (raising the Jolly Roger at each encounter) but my pirate rep didn't improve (still -119).

I don't have a LOM with any nation.

Is this a bug or am I going about this the wrong way? If I need to alter a line of text somewhere please let me know.

Also... On the trade book 'Tortuga' appears to be on the Island 'Hispaniola' can you get to Tortuga on land via Hispaniola?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would also like to apologise if this question has already been answered. Iv spent a few hours going through the web site looking for the answer, but none that Iv found really covered it, they only spoke about other nations and not the pirates.

I feel that Iv gone on for long enough now and if anyone has made it this far down I thank you =)

Kind Regards,

Vlad76

First of all, welcome to PiratesAhoy! The whole "being friendly with the pirates" thing seems to be somewhat unfinished.
However, you SHOULD at least be able to get into pirate towns.

I recommend you get Build 14 Alpha 9.5 Patch 4 in any case; that was released yesterday.
In that version, Tortuga is French in most cases which is historically accurate and should make it easier getting in.

Tortuga IS it's own island and you can't access it from Hispaniola by land, but it is included in the Hispaniola island model.
You can actually sail from Tortuga to Hispaniola and back without any reloading.

Back