• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirate3D, Buccaneer and Printed 3D Pictures!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
I am not quite sure what to make of this, I ran across it while looking for pirate news and thought I would share it. 3D printers have been around for a little while now, and I have seen a lot of cool uses for them over the years, but this is one thing I had never thought of, 3D pictures for the blind!

According to the text posted on the Youtube video, this is a social experiment undertaken by a company called Pirate 3D, the makers of a 3D printer called Buccaneer! I am ashamed that I have never heard of this company or project before. The 3D printer was apparently released back in January, at least that is the date on their Youtube video.

I just ran across this this today, so I really haven't had the time to dig much in to it, but I wanted to post it and share it with you all as soon as I could. I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish with this social experiment, but the repercussions are pretty groundbreaking. I can only imagine just what the mega-corporations are going to say about this kind of thing, digital piracy is nothing compared to the potential that 3D printing offers. You can find out more about Pirate3D and Buccaneer over at there web page HERE!

**EDIT**
Just a bit of an update, the Buccaneer 3D printer was a Kickstarter campaign that was successfully funded back in June, not sure how I missed it then. You can find out the full details on their Kickstarter page.

Attachments

• pirate3d-logo.png
    pirate3d-logo.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back