• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea back up and Running

modernknight1

Field Marshall of Hot Tubs
Staff member
Storm Modder
images.jpg

For those that have been following the POTBS migration from Sony Online over to Portalus, you will be happy to know that the dev team has two servers up and running and the full migration of accounts is continuing.

Fodderboy posted this announcement last week:

"General migration issues are now resolved and we have completed our first pass over the accounts that were awaiting migration in our customer service queue. Submitted migration requests that have not yet been processed are due to individual account issues and must be worked through one account at a time. Customer service will continue to work through individual account issues as quickly as we can. Accounts that might require Hamled’s attention may have to wait a bit longer however as new account creation is currently the team’s highest priority."

Their forum seems to be fairly active with many new members and I sense a lot of hope that POTBS will just get better. I hope so too. I love all pirate games. However, regarding POTBS as I've said for a very long time, I will not play until there is a Dutch faction with a Dutch flag - and the unplayable Dutch West India Company doesn't count. After all - literally and historically, half the ships in the world were Dutch or Dutch built in the game's 1700-1715 timeframe. I think they would be really surprised at the numbers of players that would suddenly take an interest in their game if they were to just add this one additional faction.

For their latest announcements go here: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

MK

Back