• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Player Getting Abilities Seemingly Randomly

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
If I recall, I've heard several members reporting lately that they got abilities that they didn't remember getting.
This time I can confirm it. Started a new game on Jean Lafitte and all I did was hire some officers.
Prior to hiring I had no abilities. Now I have "Increased Crew Damage" and I most certainly didn't get that myself.
In fact, I still have all my ability points.

Testing further, I got "Basic Ship Defence" for free upon hiring a First Mate.

Related or perhaps not, I got a LOT of these error messages:
Code:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks.c; line: 473
missed attribute: officertype
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\perks\perks.c; line: 473
no rAP data
@Levis

Hmm, as of this update I'm getting severe lags and the ability interface is buggy. Maybe a new game is required now?

EDIT: So it seems, both my save games are corrupted. Starting a new game, all is fine again. Also, I noticed that a few abilities that I thought had been removed are back (Advanced Ship Defence, Extra Crew Damage, Helmsman, etc.).

Last edited:
EDIT: So it seems, both my save games are corrupted. Starting a new game, all is fine again. Also, I noticed that a few abilities that I thought had been removed are back (Advanced Ship Defence, Extra Crew Damage, Helmsman, etc.).
No abilities have been permanently removed. Though their appearance depends on the realism mode.
Are you sure you're still on the same mode that you're usually on?

All my settings seem to be the same as I had before. My current save games lag immensely when I'm at sea and also when I'm fighting on land. The ability interface shows only a couple of abilities for some of my officers and then a couple or more 10's without any ability to them (if that makes any sense). Starting a new game, everything seems fine except that I have many more abilities to choose from.

The error.log shows this repeated a multitude of times after some seconds at sea:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: officers.c; line: 365
missed attribute: skills
null ap
no rAP data

Yes, a new game is required. Altough a f11 might work also

this should at least cure the errors.
put in INTERFACE\perks

Attachments

• perks.c
    14.9 KB · Views: 92
The perks overview showed you all the perks from the party instead of only your own. Changed that to being the checkmark now.

Ah, so it wasn't ME who had those abilities then?
Just one of my officers somewhere.

Yes, i replaced all checks for if a perk is picked trough the game and let them all to 1 big function which checks all things. But in the perks interface i had to use another on cause Thats the only place you really want info about the character only.

So this is fixed then, right? Or perhaps even technically "Not a Bug".

Back