• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Playing as Jack Sparrow in the New Horizons storyline

Nickos

Landlubber
Just as the title suggests - I'd be really glad if someone could point me in the direction on how to play as Captain J.S. in the New Horizons questline. I know how to change the character's name, starting outfit, et cetera ad nullem, but what I would like to know is - how to get all of the Hoist the Colours storyline outfits (Starting merchant Sparrow clothes, classical PoC Sparrow vest + bandana outfit, and the Sparrow coat + tricorn hat outfit). I don't recall them ever being buyable from the merchants, so that's my biggest problem. Also, since the governors give you new outfits on promotion, I don't know if it's related to the storyline or character, but it would be really cool if I could also swap out some pieces of code so that I get the proper Jack Sparrow rags upon scaling the steps of the military ranks.

I COULD play Hoist the Colours and I've already beaten it, but I find the lack of sidequests quite sad, hence my request for help at this "tutorial" :p

Pretty much all those models should be sold by the tailors. Some at the pirate one, but for example "47YoungJack" at the English one.
See here for details on using the GiveModel2Player function: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/frequently-asked-questions.14915/#post-352881
You can use several and they'll all appear in your Choose Outfit screen.

Also, since the governors give you new outfits on promotion, I don't know if it's related to the storyline or character, but it would be really cool if I could also swap out some pieces of code so that I get the proper Jack Sparrow rags upon scaling the steps of the military ranks.
There is some code in place for that, but there is no midshipman uniform for him.
So on your first promotion, you have to reset yourself to using "depp" or "Jack". Then once you are promoted to lieutenant, it should continue properly from there.
I just changed the code a bit for the next release so that if you DO look like Jack Sparrow, you won't get the generic midshipman uniform applied to you.

I COULD play Hoist the Colours and I've already beaten it, but I find the lack of sidequests quite sad, hence my request for help at this "tutorial" :p
There are several sidequests in Hoist the Colours too. Have you tried them yet? See here:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/wiki/legend-of-jack-sparrow-hoist-the-colours/

Back