• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Playing as Pirate, where to pick up Blue Bird quest?

Younghappy

Landlubber
Hey guys, forum newbie here :ahoy
I've been playing CoAS for a while, but only recently with the GoF mod (latest version, 1.2 + patch, loving it btw!), and I only have one question: When playing as a pirate (I've modded a Russian replacement for Lawrence Beltropa in and it's him I'm playing as), where do you pick up the Blue Bird quest? I had the bright idea to lead a few raids out of Bermuda (where I started) to earn some money for a Dutch trading license to get into Marigot, where I planned to pick the quest up (as it's the closest island to Bermuda), but now that I'm there, the merchant doesn't have the quest for me. Reading a walkthrough, it says Blue Bird is from the first merchant you speak to, but surely that cannot be the case for me, as that would be the merchant who owns the Blue Bird! :facepalm Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated! :D
Cheers in advance,
Younghappy :)

It is not necessarily the 1st store merchant that you talk to. I think the merchant is randomly set at the start of the game.

Try going to other towns and talking to the store merchants - one of them will give you the quest. :yes

:cheers

Thanks Talisman! One more question: Does my ship need to be in port for this quest to trigger, or will any shopkeeper still give me it if I've snuck into a city? (Which is what I'll be doing a lot as a Pirate no doubt!)
Thanks again,
Younghappy :)

You should not be able to buy supplies from the store merchants if your ship is not in Port. I am not sure if they will give you the other dialog options. ( Rumors, Buying personal items,etc ) if they do then one of them should tell you about the Bluebird.

You can always try and sneak into Port by flying the flag of the country that owns the town ( also helps to have a trading License or Letters of Marque - you can buy these from a Diplomat who can be found in the taverns of Pirate Settlements) .

Try to get a trading license for a country with a lot of towns e.g. Spain - that way you can go to lots of places and have a better chance of finding the merchant who will give you the quest.

:drunk

Back