• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Please help a newbie get on course....

Hello everyone,

I have never played this game before...last night I saw "The Master and Commander" and it inspired me to get POTC. I didn't buy it sooner because I was not into the whole fighting undead monster concept. I am more into the naval aspect of the game (big SH1/SH2 fan, although I did love Morrowind). Now that this game and its mods have matured I figured to give it a try.

That said, I am having a very frustrating experience trying to figure out what mods/builds to apply to the game. I am not lazy and have read through many threads on this forum and others as well...but I am SO lost. There is just too much going on, its difficult for me to make any sense of it. For instance, this build 11 update, is this a compliation of mods or is it a main fix to the original gameplay? Can I install different mods as well? Whats compatible, whats not? It seems build 11 has some bugs in it should I wait? Sorry for all the questions but if anyone could help me make sense of whats what with this game I would really appreciate it.

Best Regards,
AnastasioTheGreat

Ok Friend, download Build 11 and follow the instructions. We can all promise its the best POTC experience ever. :huh

Click Here Mate

:huh welcome mate :cheers Yeah what Kev said!

Also Build 11 is pretty much the one stop shop for mods so dont worry about to many other mods as if they are worth anything they will be in it. The only mod i know that didnt make it that would be good is muddys mod that addes the extra ship skins as completly new boats, but im not sure if that was included so i wont give you a link for it, maybe when muddy gets online he can clear that up.

For all the mods however head over to our mod files section at http://files.piratesahoy.net and you can grab build 11 and anything else that tillckes your parrot there xD:

hi anastasio!

just to clear up, build 11 is, as keith says, a huge compendium of all the good mods for potc. it has the massive advantage that everything is installed all at once for you without any effort, but it has the disadvantage that you don't get much choice over which mods you install or don't install. if you install the mods individually using the mod patcher utility (using hellangel's 'all' pack or by downloading individual '.potc' files), you will have harrowing problems with prerequisites and intercompatibility, plus you'll miss out on some of the advanced mods that are released for the build only, but you do get complete freedom about which mods you use.

but put simply, 99.9% of people go for the build - everyone will highly recommend it :huh

Ahoy, AnastasioTheGreat, and welcome aboard! Pull up a keg, have a seat, and have a couple on us! :cheers

Yep, get Build 11 - I used to advise people to play the unmodded game first once through, but don't even fuss about it as you will find it frustrating (there's not a LOT of "undead", but they are there). The build fixes the bugs and opens up quests and things that are not available in the original game, and makes things a WHOLE LOT MORE INTERESTING and improves `play-ability` by MILES...

And should you get stuck, we're here to help, just pop in here with any questions and someone will answer! xD:

Glad to have you aboard, matey! :huh

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and helpfullness. Also, thanks for making things a bit more clear regarding the mods and builds. I been busy for the past few days but tonight I am installing potc and b.11 for the first time. I'll report back later.

Oh, and a round of beer for everyone on me :cheeky:

hey cookie i updated an idea on our expansion idea, see what ya think and tell me what u think should be changed from that idea. i think land battles woul dbe cool, but tell me what you think, along with any other ideas u have! :cheeky just dont post it here lol

Back