• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Please insert DVD

GroundNPound

Landlubber
Hey folks, I bought AoP2 a couple days ago, installed it but when I go to play the game I get the message to insert the DVD into the drive (which most definitely is in the drive, I checked four times lol). It's the English version 1.3. I've noticed that the game uses TAGES copy protection which is notoriously unreliable. I thought it may be my virtual drive being blacklisted by the copy protection software so I uninstalled it and rebooted the machine, still no dice, I get the error still. I have yet to be able to run the game at all. I'm running Vista Ultimate (x86) on a AMD Phenom II 940 Black Edition, ASUS M4A78-E Mobo, BFG GTX 260 1GB vid card, 4 GB Kingston HyperX DDR2 800MHz RAM. DirectX is fully updated for both 9 and 10. Running latest vid card, and mobo drivers. Oh yeah the DVD drive is a Sony DRU-800A IDE. Both hard drives are Seagate SATA drives. I really have no idea after hours of searching for answers on the 'net. I even tried to get a nocd patch but there isn't one available for the non-russian versions of the game. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate, this kind of thing aggravates me to no end. Thanks everyone.

Cheers,
GNP

Here be a long shot, but Fred Bob found he couldn't read his DVD due to a DivX codec already installed on his machine. :shrug

Read about it here :eek:k

Here be a long shot, but Fred Bob found he couldn't read his DVD due to a DivX codec already installed on his machine. :shrug

Read about it here :eek:k

Hmmm...I'll have to look into it but I probably won't be removing any codecs, I've got too many media files on my machine to be watching. Hopefully there will be a no cd or a patch sometime soon. Thanks for the help though.

Cheers

GroundNPound, you might find this handy, I ran across this program a while back. It's called InstalledCodec, it will allow you to turn off each individual codec installed on your system. It will show you a complete list of all installed codecs and give you the option Disable or Enable them. It's really pretty handy! You can download it HERE!

Back