• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Privateering for more than one nation

Kevin the Seasick

Powder Monkey
Hello! I had the hankering for some good ol' booty-chasin', so I was pleasantly surprised to see this amazingly bustling community of modders that have shaped POTC into a helluva game so far. I still can't win a single ship battle, but I'm workin' on that! I've been following many of these posts and figured I should finally register. Thanks a ton for all those who contribute to making this game a true pirate game, and also thank you to those who ask so many questions since most of my noob questions have been answered accordingly.

However, I have a set of questions that is touched upon by many posts but is not quite fully answered or receives conflicting info.
Q: Are you able to simultaneously privateer for several nations? It seems from several posts that you can indeed have multiple letters of marks or ranks, but can you only be working for one nation at a time? I'd like to work with the British, Dutch, and Portuguese and be promoted by all three, but am I only able to work for the most recent nation or can I be earning "points" for all three whilst sinking enemy ships, e.g.? If indeed it is only one at a time, and assuming all three nations have good relations with one another, is there any penalty for acquiring a letter of marque from a nation whilst still in the employ of another? And if I return to the latter nation later on, will my rank still be in tact?
I'm hoping I can simply work for several simultaneously, but I would indeed understand the realism of this not being the case.

I'm currently playing on Build 14 Beta 3.1, Tales of a Seahawk (prior to first Port Royale visit). Thanks!

Back