• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem with radar

Racheon

Landlubber
I have a problem with my radar, it is always stuck on the new looking radar, no matter how many times i change the option it instantly reverts back to new looking the instant i leave the menu. Now it wouldn't be so bad, but nothing except the reload state of my cannons appears in the new looking radar so it is kind of useless to me.
So, i was wondering if anyone knew how to make it so i can actually choose which one i use, or how to fix the new looking radar so it shows what it is meant to, or how to disable the new looking radar so i always have the normal one.
I am using Build 14 alpha 7 and everything seems fine except that... and sidestepping through things.
thanks in advance

In Alpha 7 the radar display depends on your compass. If you have no compass, then a single small radar display with just the cannon reload locators will be available. If you buy and equip a compass, the regular radar will appear. This feature can be turned off in BuildSettings.h though. Since I don't have the game available right now, I can't tell you which setting it is.

Sidestepping through things is a known issue. The original game didn't have this at all. The feature was implemented basically as a horizontal teleport and we have been unable to add collision detection into the code. It's up to the player to not walk through walls.

<!--quoteo(post=213257:date=Aug 29 2007, 10:45 AM:name=Pieter Boelen)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pieter Boelen @ Aug 29 2007, 10:45 AM) [snapback]213257[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In Alpha 7 the radar display depends on your compass. If you have no compass, then a single small radar display with just the cannon reload locators will be available. If you buy and equip a compass, the regular radar will appear. This feature can be turned off in BuildSettings.h though. Since I don't have the game available right now, I can't tell you which setting it is.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->I checked for you now. The setting is DISPLAY_BATTLEINTERFACE. If set to 0, you need to equip a compass for the radar to appear. There are two types of compasses: One simple one which will show you a small compass that doesn't show you the land and the second which will show you everything like usual. If this option is set to 1, the compasses no longer have effect and everything will work like it always did.

thank you for the reply, there are a lot of new things in build 14, used to play with build 13 a while back.

Back