• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problem with starting new story

A.H

Privateer
Hi folks. Hope all is well.

I downloaded the latest 8 december patch from this thread.. but i am unable to start a new game.. everytime i choose new character on freeplay, then press Start new game.. game loads for 3-5 seconds then crashes...
tried 4 times now.. twice choosing pirate character, and another 2 times choosing a spanish character.. all 4 attempts ended in crashing unfortunately.

Anyone had similar problems?

[2 attempts after downloading latest patch.. and another 2 attempts with new patch & Levis bug fix which is last posted by Pieter]

Anything interesting in error.log? Any errors in compile.log?

11 Dec version works well for me on 2 PC's, as did 8 Dec version before that... If I were to guess, I'd say your installation have become corrupted somehow... that happens with PotC from time to time :)

Last edited:
Try deleting the file "options", which you'll find in the top level of the game installation directory. This sometimes becomes corrupted and when it does, it can cause all sorts of weirdness, which means deleting it can cure all sorts of weirdness. You'll need to change any preferences you made from the options menu after you've done this.

Failing that, uninstall the game completely, re-install the basic game from CD-ROM, then install the 8th December upgrade onto that.

And don't let the game install into the default "Program Files" directory - Windows is over-protective of that and can mess things up. Mine, for example, is in "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

After uninstalling and reinstalling it worked now..
i think it might be a computer issue because after i closed the game i had 100 other windows open in background.. aparently every move i make in game also makes a decision from background windows.. which explains why the windows mouse was showing while i was playing..

but if this problem persists again ill report again... otherwise its possible my computer is the problem for this current issue.

That sounds like a weird effect related to fullscreen/windowed mode. o_O

Back