• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Problem with thomas O'Reiley quest

Monte Kristof

Powder Monkey
Hello all, I have a problem with Thomas O'reiley quest on Jamaica : I talked to him and gave me the goods to bring to Martinique, until there, all's fine, but now I can't leave the island... when I go to the ship deck and try to go to ""sea"" the game crushes, EVERY time. i can go anywhere, but ON SEA. Is there a way to fix that? Am I doomed to start a new game?

Thanks a lot

Which game version are you running and do you have any .log files in your game folder to show?

I play the Build 14 Beta 3.3 and here are all the .log files I could find... sorry I couldn't narrow it down, I really don't know much in programing!

Attachments

• system.log
    4.9 KB · Views: 119
  • compile.log
    4.7 KB · Views: 97
  • error.log
    364 bytes · Views: 136
  • system.log
    4.9 KB · Views: 115
  • compile.log
    4.7 KB · Views: 84
Don't think I've seen this before:
Code:
Assert failed in C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\SEA_AI\AIGroup.cpp line 283, expression string pACommander

We will need the errors logs ad compile logs from when you played the quest, or else do you have a savegame somewhere close to it?
The log files are resetted each time you start the game.

unfortunatly, this is the only files I have. I tried a couple of times to reload the game as I saved on the ship's deck...

You have to be careful with saving on a ship's deck. It only works if you went from shore onto the deck.
Otherwise it'll probably get messed up. :(

Well, I saved on deck after already a few tries. Anyway, i resolved it the best way I could : started anew, and having a much nicer start as I've learned from previous in-game mistakes! Thanks a lot for trying to help, I will try, having back-up saves, of course, to make the said quest, and send you before and after .log files. Maybe it is a bug you can solve! Have a great one!

Flagged this as not a bug for now cuase probally this was because of the saving on deck (which we should remove).
If the problem pops back up feel free to add another bug report and please include the log files and a savegame then :).

Just a quick question. How to trigger the second quest after finishing the first (Thomas O'Reiey)? I have a ship with more than 800 cargo space yet, the dialog for the second quest is missing. I tried using an empty companion ship with 2000 cargo space but still, the quest is unavailable.

Am playing with the latest mod.

Are you still friendly to France? Did you, at any previous time in St. Pierre, do the "Patric and the Idols" side quest, or offer to help harbourmaster Turpin Cabanel with smugglers; and if so, what did you do to Andre Juliao in the tavern?

When I tried the quest, I have a letter of marque from Britain and France. Already completed "Patric & the Idols" and "Help Harbormaster with the Smugglers". Andre Juliao was spared and alive.

Back