• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help quest camera

Myth

Freebooter
Good afternoon. I can not figure out the quest camera. I mean flying over the city or showing certain events. I can not understand how to choose the coordinates correctly. An example of functions in a file.

Attachments

• new 1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 148
What are you trying to do?

There is a free camera mode, but I don't think that will help you for a quest.
You can also attach the camera to a locator, which you can place wherever you want.

@Jack Rackham, do you know any camera tricks?

I can not understand how to choose the coordinates correctly.
You can use console.c to get coordinates for a certain spot. Set the switch early in the file to 2 and press F12.
If you want the coordinates for a spot high in the sky it doesn't help to use free camera mode because even if
you're flying you will only the get the coordinates on the ground where you left your body.

I would take a spot on the ground and raise its y-value and test and test again.

I mean flying over the city or showing certain events.
If you mean a moving camera I'm not sure that's possible. @Bartolomeu made some videos showing
the game playing by itself but that's another solution.

If you mean a moving camera I'm not sure that's possible. @Bartolomeu made some videos showing
True; I think he did that simply by using the Free Camera mode himself and recording it. :cheeky

You can use console.c to get coordinates for a certain spot. Set the switch early in the file to 2 and press F12.
If you want the coordinates for a spot high in the sky it doesn't help to use free camera mode because even if
you're flying you will only the get the coordinates on the ground where you left your body.

I would take a spot on the ground and raise its y-value and test and test again.

How to properly connect this file to the game? I have not connected it, and I do not have it. Do I understand correctly that the same coordinates are used for locators?

How to properly connect this file to the game? I have not connected it, and I do not have it.
It is a PotC:NH feature and file. It is relatively simple functionality and ridiculously useful, so I recommend you add it to your mod too.
Look in the PotC Build Mod files to see how it works. If you can't figure it out, feel free to let us know. :doff

Back