• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Quest Ships Remain After Escape

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
While this has been changed for Coastguard Ships, there are two similar situations where this is NOT the case:
Treasure Quest Pirates as well as Convoy Quest Enemies stick around even after you have completed their quests.

So now a question to you players: Does this sound right to you?
It should be relatively easy to have these ships removed when the quest completes it as well using lines like these:
Code:
   group_DeleteGroup("Coastal_Guards");
   ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Coastal_Captain01"), "None", "", "");
   ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Coastal_Captain02"), "None", "", "");
   ChangeCharacterAddressGroup(CharacterFromID("Coastal_Captain03"), "None", "", "");
So tell me: Should I spend time and effort in doing that? Or is it OK as-is?
The choice is yours! :whipa

:yes

If you leave the island after completing the quest - then later return to it - they should not be there when you return.

:cheers

If you leave the island after completing the quest - then later return to it - they should not be there when you return.
For simplicity's sake, I will remove those enemies then when their respective quests have completed.
So that means when you open the Treasure Chest or when you get your reward from the Convoy Trader.

If I make a "general" solution that always removes them when you enter the map, that risks breaking other situations.
And making a separate such solution for each situation would require more work, which I'd like to avoid.

So this can be considered "Done". We'll find out from testing if this will now suffice.

I believe we can call this fixed right? Or did anyone noticed anything weird?

I believe we can call this fixed right? Or did anyone noticed anything weird?
It IS fixed, that's why it's on the Testing List. But it needs to be confirmed if it indeed does what I think it does. ;)

Back