• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Question about direct sail

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
Hey all,

I normally don't use the direct sail option that much, but am I right to say that you will never encounter a storm when using direct sail?

If the winds keep getting stronger while you're DirectSailing, a storm can develop.
Sometimes even a hurricane/twister.
Mostly during the Autumn months due to the Caribbean storm season.

If the winds keep getting stronger while you're DirectSailing, a storm can develop.
Sometimes even a hurricane/twister.
Mostly during the Autumn months due to the Caribbean storm season.
Ah I think I saw a reference for that somewhere. That explains how it works.

SuperStorm.png

I promise you there is a reason to this madness ;).
And yes that's the HMS Daultless going over waves almost as high as it's hull :D .
@Pieter Boelen this would even get you seasick ;).

Holy crap, that looks TERRIFYING!
Terrifyingly COOL, that is!! ;)

It was a hell to create though :p had to brush up some of the wave mechanics I learned a long time ago :p. Also the comments which where in the code weren't completly accurate which costed me about 1,5 hours XD.
They said one variable was the wavelenght, but it was the frequency instead. and because
wavelenght = 1/frequency
I was very confused when I changed things and the results weren't what I was expecting :p.

Sounds like you just described my real life job!
Because my real life job has a LOT to do with wave lengths, wave periods and confusion on definitions. :rofl

Back