• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question about ship selling

Locker

Landlubber
I'm at a point of the Hawk campaign in which mostly everyone hates me (as i lost the english support due to reaching the mission in which i need to capture Bridgetown with Danielle).
As i'm nowhere near close to realistically win the sea battle with the Bridgetown fort by myself due to my long beloved rank 4 super fast ship not having the ability to use guns that can actually damage a fort for more than a couple % by hits, i am now operating from Turks island and grinding money by capturing ships or sinking them and looting (until i manage to capture lower rank ships to add to my fleet).

So far it has been good and i made some decent money from the pirating life from Turks island.

But today i ran into something i never saw before. On my latest expedition i captured a Fluyt (rank 5) and another ship that sadly sunk a minute after its capture for some reason (lost a good officer with that one).
Going back to Turks island to sell the cargo and the Fluyt i got

NuKosFA.jpg

So my question is why did this happen ? it's not the first ship i sell that is being damaged, but i never saw any ship (especially rank 5) that got me such ridiculously low amount of money

Last edited:
Pirates don't give much money for ships. At least, not to outsiders. If you really want to make money as a pirate, go to Nevis and join the Brethren of the Coast. But first, if Pirates hate you as well, the quickest way to make peace with them is to go to the governor of Turks Island.

Otherwise, the big money in looting ships is their cargo, and you've already got the money for that!

You're trying to get a ship capable of taking on a fort. You're not going to get that by capturing small fry such as fluyts! Go and find a group of warships, preferably with something at least tier 2 such as a battleship. If you can capture that, then you're capable of taking on a fort.

The fluyt was captured to make money, i just wasn't expecting that kind of offer :D as they're rank 5 i knew it was just useless to me at that point (as my very fast + big crew ship dedicated to capture things is rank 4 and can't use cannons strong enough for a fort).
Will have to join the brethren of the coasts then to go pirating for better money, thanks for the tips.

Back