• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questions about New Horizons

Lonious

Master Mariner
Hi all,

So I just recently installed New Horizons the latest version. So far, looks to be working fine.

Three questions though:

1 - I use Intel graphics card so i installed the Intel fix. however, the water is still not pretty. I encountered this before with the stock game and used Dgvoodoo to fix it but now, that does not work? any other alternatives?

2 - I seem to not be able to cheat. I looked at the Interfaces text file in the PROGRAM folder and at the bottom said enablecheats which i turned into 1. However, my numpad does not seem to be working the way it should.

3 - I'm using GM Viewer and when I click the Models folder, it doesn't show anything in there. It used to work in the stock game.

Any advice?

Thanks very much.

1) As far as I know Dgvoodoo is still the recommended approach for intel graphics. Do not use it myself so can't really help with this.

2) Cheats can be enabled in InternalSettings.h:
Code:
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE                0        // Cheats can be triggered with numpad buttons

DefaultControls.h contains the settings for the cheat keys:
Code:
// ======================================
// Cheats (not changable ingame)
// ======================================

#define CTL_CHEAT_GODMODE            "VK_NUMPAD0"
#define CTL_CHEAT_SCROLL_LEFT         "VK_NUMPAD1"
#define CTL_CHEAT_SCROLL_MAIN         "VK_NUMPAD2"
#define CTL_CHEAT_SCROLL_RIGHT         "VK_NUMPAD3"
#define CTL_CHEAT_PLAYERLVLUP         "VK_NUMPAD4"
#define CTL_CHEAT_FAKELVLUP         "VK_NUMPAD5"
#define CTL_CHEAT_MOREGOLD             "VK_NUMPAD6"
#define CTL_CHEAT_RAISEREP             "VK_NUMPAD7"
#define CTL_CHEAT_WORLDMAP             "VK_NUMPAD8"
#define CTL_CHEAT_RAPIDRAID         "VK_NUMPAD9"

Maybe try some other keys to see if that works?

3) GM Viewer works with New Horizons (and others) as well, can you share a screenshot of what it looks like?

Back